cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my balance to buy a SIM card

rasali22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I accidentally added money onto my account recently after forgetting that I'm on autopay, but had to buy a new SIM card anyway, so I was wondering, would it be possible to use the funds on my balance to purchase a nano sim card? If not, is it possible to get the money back so I'm not charged twice for the same amount?

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
We'd need more details

mimmo
Taxes? They are o top of what you see in your balance.

rasali22

I checked my credit card statement, and it looks like PM charged my credit card at least $17 over what's in my account cash. I thought it was a currency conversion to USD but it's way too less to be it, any thoughts on what happened? Is there a way to talk to a rep to try getting that money back if it's a mischarge?

Rockdaddy22
It'll use your cash first don't worry. I always have over $200 in my account and autopay never touches my credit card.

Gee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you look at your Account Page, it should say that your credit card is dynamically charged.

Meaning that it will charge total minus credits and the amount varies every month.

Actually $14+tax. 

mimmo

account balance is taken out before credit card is charged.

so if plan costs 120$

rewards is $6

current balance is $100

so on renewal date 

rewards become $0

balance becomes $106

then outstanding becomes: $120 -$106 =$14

so creditcard is only chaged $14

rasali22

A little over that.

I would, but then if the autopay triggers then I may be stuck with the excess balance floating there. If I turn that off, then I risk losing my auto-pay discount for the months I paid for.

Thanks for the response though.

mimmo

no it is not possible to use the balance to buy a sim.

how much did you put onthe account? 120?  doubt you will be able to get a refund, can't you just keep it on the account balance for your next payment date?

Need Help? Let's chat.