cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used Wrong Account Number When Porting Number

paulspicer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I was porting my existing number on Rogers over to Public Mobile, I put in the wrong account number during the process. I found out because I can't connect to Public Mobile and got the text message:

4005000205: Public Mobile here: To complete your request to move to Public Mobile please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us, and complete the SIM & Activation online form. Please ensure you provide the correct account number from your previous provider. Thanks.

I have activated the new Public Mobile SIM, and have called Rogers to get my account number, but I don't know how to attach the account number to the new SIM to get things going. I checked other posts and got the "Invalid SIM" error when trying to re-activate the SIM on the http://activate.publicmobile.ca form.

Help!

2 REPLIES 2

@paulspicer 

Your port is stuck.  There is no activation online form to fill out.  You will need to contact moderator as described above.  It will likey take 1-2 days for things to get resolved.  Include in your message:  Roger's account number, account holder name and phone number.  

In the meantime, you should be able to continue to use your Roger's SIM card.  

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

You will have better luck contacting the Moderator_Team by clicking here; expect to hear from them via the envelope icon on the top right hand corner.. If it lights up with a number it indicates you have a message.

Put in as much pertinent information as possible.. they will send you a verification link.. answer that too asap.

Need Help? Let's chat.