cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of email address

Felisa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am new to PM. I bought a sim card for my spouse, activated it with the help of a moderator. I used my email address for the activation. I am thinking of getting my own sim card as well, I am just wondering if I can use one email address for two accounts. Thank you. 

10 REPLIES 10

If you have a moderator change your spouses email address be sure to tell them you need to reuse your old email address for your new account. Otherwise it may remain unusable with PM in the future. 

And, your Community Account (here) has to use the identical email address right down to upper/lower case letters. Since YOU are the one on community and you likely used your email address all should be good. Many examples of no community reward $$ showing up in your account can be traced back to microscopic differences in how your email address is set up in each place. “Case” doesn’t matter for emailing but does matter here.

AE_Collector

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi each SIM requires its own SIM card. This works to your benefit as you will receive the autopay bonus for both accounts

buang99
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As far as I know, there is no available option that lets you add another account/number in the same email address. You may only register one account per email.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Felisa, don't forget if you decide to get a Public Mobile account for yourself, make sure you use your spouse's referral code when you sign up, so that you can get the $10 credit and that your spouse will get a $1 off each month as long as you stay with Public Mobile. As well, sign up for the auto-pay for another $2 off. So, in theory, your spouse could end up getting $3 off per month once you sign up with Public Mobile....but, you may know this already right?

Felisa

Thank you very much for your help. This PM is getting interesting 😊

@Felisa wrote:

Can I change the email address of my spouse's account? 

To change the email you need the help of a moderator.

You can use this link https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

@Felisa wrote:

Only a moderator could do that. Your spouse would need to go to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat to open a ticket to get that done.

@Felisa wrote:

I am new to PM. I bought a sim card for my spouse, activated it with the help of a moderator. I used my email address for the activation. I am thinking of getting my own sim card as well, I am just wondering if I can use one email address for two accounts. Thank you. 

There isn't any way to combine two accounts into one login. The e-mail address is the self serve login username. Each phone number must be managed seperately.  You can use something called an alias. Gmail allows users to use alias addresses that allow customers to use one e-mail account but with there appearing to be more than one address.

Felisa

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

You need a separate email for each account. You can use the same cc to pay.

If you have gmail you can use an alias.

Need Help? Let's chat.