cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage statement

Magpie41
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why are the phone numbers in my usage statement underlined sometimes and not others? 

16 REPLIES 16

@Magpie41 wrote:
But is it underlining all of them? With mine some are underlined but other pages aren’t ?

This is a function of your web browser. As you've discovered, the underlined numbers are recognized by your phone's browser as possible phone number and as a convenience feature, allow you to tap on them to make a call.  If some aren't underlined, it's possible that some are in a different format.  I've went through my past 90 days, and none of the phone numbers in my history are underlined. As I said, this is a function of your web browser, and not that of the Public Mobile service.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Magpie41 

@Magpie41 wrote:

Why are the phone numbers in my usage statement underlined sometimes and not others? 

Could it be that these are frequently called numbers therefore they are underlined sometimes and others are not.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Magpie41 wrote:
Unfortunately I need to worry about it because I have some suspicions of my phone numbers being tampered with. The call logs on my usage don’t line up with the ones on my phone, so there’s a problem somewhere. I need to know why everything is doing what it’s doing to try and figure this out

When you do not answer your incoming calls, PM will forward your calls to the voicemail system to let your caller to leave a message for you.  The voicemail number is ending with 4001.  Your phone will not showing calls to the 4001 number.

@Magpie41 

Why do you think your phone numbers are tampered with? By whom?

- if you are not answering a call and it's redirected to voice mail, it'll show as outgoing call to xxx-581-4001, time stamp in eastern time

- outgoing calls from your dialer and accepted incoming calls are recorded in local time

- SMS and MMS (= data event) are posted in eastern time

- web usage is reported roughly every 12 hours for the usage since the previous report, reported in eastern time

- There's no distinction between AM and PM.

@Magpie41  what's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Magpie41 wrote:
When it is underlined you can select it and my phone asks if I want to call it . But Sometimes they are underlined and sometimes they aren’t? I wanna know why that is because it seems really odd.

For example I just logged onto my account I went to check my usage and the first page every phone number on it was underlined, whether it was mine or Someone else. Then I went to page 2 and none of the phone numbers are underlined. At that point I went back to page 1 and none of the phone numbers were underlined there at that point. Why is this happening?

Can you repeat this issue again?

Log off and login again.  The first page with numbers are underlined and second page are not underlined.  Then back to page 1 and the numbers are not underlined any more.

It may be a glitch.

I checked my usage history pages.  None of my number on incoming or outgoing calls are underlined.

Magpie41
But is it underlining all of them? With mine some are underlined but other pages aren’t ?

Barbie2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My phone underlines numbers that I can click on and it will call them. I believe this is what you are seeing. 

Magpie41
Unfortunately I need to worry about it because I have some suspicions of my phone numbers being tampered with. The call logs on my usage don’t line up with the ones on my phone, so there’s a problem somewhere. I need to know why everything is doing what it’s doing to try and figure this out

Magpie41

Except I’m not selecting any header, nor am I changing one. The numbers are underlined on page 1, not on page 2, and then not on page 1 when I returned it?

@Magpie41 wrote:
When it is underlined you can select it and my phone asks if I want to call it . But Sometimes they are underlined and sometimes they aren’t? I wanna know why that is because it seems really odd.

For example I just logged onto my account I went to check my usage and the first page every phone number on it was underlined, whether it was mine or Someone else. Then I went to page 2 and none of the phone numbers are underlined. At that point I went back to page 1 and none of the phone numbers were underlined there at that point. Why is this happening?

It sounds like the browser is having problems interpreting the numbers, sometimes it is identified as a legit number that the dialer can call and sometimes not.  The self serve portal has some very interesting quirks to say the least.  I would not worry to much about it, unless you use the usage history as a way to find numbers to call.  

@Magpie41  Could it have to do with the header selected on the phone? Ie select the number header they are all underlined?

Magpie41
Different area codes and providers. But also my number is underlined as well?

Magpie41

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Magpie41 is it from the same area code, provider etc? Thanks.  Stay safe. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Magpie41 , I am not quite sure what you mean?  It could be browser behavior where phone numbers can be interpreted as a hot link that the dialer can open.

Need Help? Let's chat.