cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us romeing

Bayviewalbert
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m leaving for US for a month, need to use the phone in US when I’m leaving  and coming back

5 REPLIES 5

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Bayviewalbert wrote:

I’m leaving for US for a month, need to use the phone in US when I’m leaving  and coming back

@Bayviewalbert  You will need to purchase a US Roaming add-on. They last 10 days at a time so you will have to let the first one expire before purchasing the next 10 addon. There is also an option to send a private message to the @CS_Agent  with the dates and they might be able to set it up for you for the entire 30 day period.

All the details regarding US Roaming can be found here.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Bayviewalbert 

U.S. Roaming Add-ons are enabled a soon as you buy them and automatically. With the US add-ons, you need to connect to the roaming partner networks (AT&T, T-Mobile) in order to use the service.  The Public Mobile network is only available in Canada.  All roaming usage involves being able to connect to a roaming partner's network. If data is purchased, roaming data needs to be enabled. Make sure you enable roaming on your phone. You need to make sure your phone has "ROAMING" settings turned to on.

In my experience when you click enable roaming on your phone, the phone gives you a warning. "ARE YOU ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS YOU MAY INCUR MASSIVE CHARGES."  Pretty sure all phones have roaming disabled by default for this reason.

U.S. Roaming Add-Ons expire after 10 days. Any unused data expires at the end of the U.S. Roaming Add-On.

U.S. Roaming Add-Ons are not available if you're on a grandfathered $19 plan.

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in U.S. Roaming talk Add-Ons or U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726.

- Unlimited international Text means, while in Canada, you text TO International

- Unlimited talk TO Canada+US means while in Canada you call TO Canada and U.S.A

- "Unlimited Talk TO Canada and US" is not "Unlimited Talk FROM Canada and US"

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Bayviewalbert 

Public mobile current U.S roaming packages

All expire after 10 days. Text/Talk is unlimited. Data is limited.
Talk = $8
Text = $8
250MB = $10
Talk + Text = $15
500MB = $15
1GB = $20
Talk + Text + 250mb = $20

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Bayviewalbert wrote:

@Bayviewalbert  Great news! Thanks for letting us know.

If you want to use the phone you need to buy a US addon

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bayviewalbert wrote:

Ok. Thanks for the news update. We'll alert the media 🙂

While you're there you can use your PM service using the offered roaming add-ons for 10 day stretches. Or get a local SIM and do it that way.

Need Help? Let's chat.