cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent - stopping phone number transfer request for set up

exzhang1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent, please let me know how to stop the phone number transfer request. I need to withdraw this request from when I tried to set up the account, because I need to complete a phone number with my current service provider from corporate to personal account before I can switch to Public Mobile. I am currently without phone service while I wait for this response...please help!

6 REPLIES 6

exzhang1

@will13am I really appreciate your helpful advice!

@exzhang1 wrote:

@will13am, thanks for the note. I’m told by my current carrier that the port can’t happen from my corporate account directly so hopefully there will be a failure! Would you suggest I delete my account as a backup plan and then re-establish an account later?

@exzhang1, because porting is automatic once the direction is given by the customer, it is hard for anyone to intervene.  If you start closing accounts, you might end up causing greater harm.  The numbers attached to the accounts that you close will be lost to you and sent to the into a pool to be recycled.  At this point your best bet is to not interfere with the process but rather check to see if there was failure and of course hope there was.  It should pretty easy to do.  Start by checking the sending account.  Try using the SIM card to see if it still works.  If it does and the port has been submitted at least 2 hours ago, you have a 99% chance of a failed port.  Wireless ports between the carrier brands generally take less than 2 hours to complete.  Regardless of what happens, you can perform triage on the final outcome.

exzhang1

@will13am, thanks for the note. I’m told by my current carrier that the port can’t happen from my corporate account directly so hopefully there will be a failure! Would you suggest I delete my account as a backup plan and then re-establish an account later?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@exzhang1, just to let you know, the porting system is automated and would likely complete well before the moderator team can intervene.  If you have submitted a port to a Public Mobile account, I suggest checking that account as well the the sending account to see what the status of the port is.  If you are lucky, the port failed and nothing happened.  This is one time where failure = success. 

exzhang1

@RobertQc thanks! I sent a private message and have been waiting a while. Will send another message with your tips to include more details. Thanks again.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@exzhang1 wrote:

@CS_Agent, please let me know how to stop the phone number transfer request. I need to withdraw this request from when I tried to set up the account, because I need to complete a phone number with my current service provider from corporate to personal account before I can switch to Public Mobile. I am currently without phone service while I wait for this response...please help!

@exzhang1@Send them a message directly, they may not even see this post. Almost every thread I see with tagging of @CS_Agent goes unanswered or they respond with "Please send us a message directly" so do that right now. Click this to send them a message. Remember to give a full description of your issue with as much detail and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number so they don’t send you a message back asking for more details. 

Need Help? Let's chat.