cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating card info for autopay

kzhaksyl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I have a question regarding updating card info for autopay. I had used my debit mastercard previously, and it worked. I had to have it replaced today. It is still a debit mastercard and it is still connected to the same account number. However, when I try to update that information, it says that the transaction is denied by the card issuer. When I called my bank, they said that everything was okay on their end.

What should I do? My payment is due on the 26th. 

Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@joslynnHave you tried the Lost/Found trick? or try adding $1 to your account? Those tricks seem to kick start accounts back to life.

joslynn

Do not wait for the last minute to ensure that your payment info is current/correct.

I updated the expiry date on my autopay visa this morning, paid my bill, & am still without service 7 hours later.

*Edit to include that my card has been charged & it shows on my visa statment

@kzhaksyl  its always been an issue for whatever reason it screws up the system

kzhaksyl

Oh my gosh, it worked when I didn't put in the apartment number! Thank you so much!!

@kzhaksylThat's just the way the payment system is setup. Sometimes Public Mobile just reject cards without rhymn or reason.. use a voucher or another card.. there is no point of fighting them.

kzhaksyl

Why do I have to leave out the apt number?

kzhaksyl

Thanks for the reply. It didn't work... When I called my bank they said to try again at a later time, but I'm kind of concerned just because my payment is due so soon. I guess I'm going to try this again tomorrow, and if that doesn't work, I'll have to contact a moderator.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kzhaksyl wrote:

Hello, I have a question regarding updating card info for autopay. I had used my debit mastercard previously, and it worked. I had to have it replaced today. It is still a debit mastercard and it is still connected to the same account number. However, when I try to update that information, it says that the transaction is denied by the card issuer. When I called my bank, they said that everything was okay on their end.

What should I do? My payment is due on the 26th. 

Thank you!

@kzhaksylPM has made changes to their CC processing systems so that might be the reason. What is different with the card the expiry date, card#?

If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa/MC Debit card.Two options are available: "Replace this credit card" and "Remove this credit card" Use "Replace this credit card" to update the CC info

Note: When entering the postal code do not enter any spaces. Also do not use the unit number field even if you live in an apartment or condo and use a desktop browser if you can.

If it's a different card number maybe remove the old and add it as a new card. If you are still having issues then best to notify PM. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Hope this helps!

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @kzhaksyl ,

@RossNhas the correct info. It is best to remove your current card, then add in the new info.

Update or remove your payment card

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details, sign in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’. Here, you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, where you can enter the details for your new card, or ‘Remove this card’. You will need to review and confirm this change to your account and then you’re all set.

Register your payment card

If you didn’t register a credit or Visa debit card at activation, you can do so by signing in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Register my Credit or Visa Debit Card’. We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@kzhaksyl hi things are a little finicky in the self serve lately remove old card information first then put in new card (no apt numbers) if if doesn't take, wait an hour try again if that fails  contact a moderatorhttps://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.