cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating SIM card (Nokia 3310 3G)

yonglee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello @Moderator_Team,

I've just activated a new SIM with a voice only plan (got a new number) with unlocked Nokia 3310 3G.

Everything was working fine for a few min until "Updating SIM card" message popped up and it's been stuck with the message for a long time. I've tried to reboot the phone and it works fine for a few min and the message shows up again.

Is there a way to disable this message so I can use the phone more than few min?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

yonglee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Robert,

I've tried factory reset as you suggested and it seems everything works fine now.

I haven't seen the message after 30 min or so.

Thank you for the help!

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@yongleeHave you tried another sim card in your phone to see if this happens always or only with your sim card?

Stabbing in the dark here but have you tried cleaning the contacts of your sim and re-inserting? I can't find much useful information on that exact message. "Updating sim card" but pretty much the only user accessible data on the sim is the contact list. There may be a character mismatch or data on the sim that phone doesn't recognize or your sim is partially corrupted.

If another sim card does work in your phone  without the issue I would just purchase another sim at walmart for $10 and switch it over in self serve.

Another option is clearing out all your sim data and starting over or if if you don't have a lot of data you need to save (if you do back up first) but you may want to try factory resetting your phone. 

https://www.hardreset.info/devices/nokia/nokia-3310-2017/hardreset/first-method/

Need Help? Let's chat.