cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card Shipped Separate from a Phone?

JimP23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ordered a PublicMobile PreOwned phone earlier this week, and it arrived very quickly, just 2 days later.  But there was no PublicMobile sim card in the phone nor in the box.  Will the sim card be shipped to me separately?

67 REPLIES 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JimP23 : What's additionally funny is that we've read people getting 2 SIM's. So this is all kinds of wrong to get none and for them to reply that way is just bad. @J_PM 

Edit: from your first thread...did you in fact zero out the SIM line when you ordered the phone? Do you have a receipt of the purchase details?

JimP23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi PM Community,

A few weeks ago I purchased a Certified Pre-Owned Phone from the PM website. When the phone arrived, it did not come with a SIM card. I posted a query about that on this Community Forum, and many of you replied with helpful suggestions, thank you!!

A Mod advised me to write to Device.Return@PublicMobile.ca to request that they send me a SIM card, so I did that.

The CPO Team replied saying:

I had the opportunity to access your order with the order number previously provided, but I couldn't see the SIM that was ordered, in this case, you need to submit a new order just for your SIM card, or you can visit any of our stores and purchase one there and activate it at the same time.

I explained to them that I didn't add the $10 purchase of a SIM card to my phone order because the website clearly stated that a free SIM card would be included with every CPO phone.

Public Mobile replied to me:

Thank you so much for replying.

We are truly sorry for the expectations provided, but in this case, we do not include a SIM card with your CPO devices, in this case, they need to be purchase separately.

Please let us know if you have any other questions about the topic, we are going to be happy to help you.

Thank you.
The Public Mobile team.

So, there is a clear answer. PM's position is that when you buy a Certified Pre-Owned Phone, PM does not provide a free SIM card. The customer has to purchase a SIM card for the phone.

Yet, PM's website clearly states: "Free Public Mobile SIM Card included with each purchase of a Certified Pre-Owned phone."

So, somebody in the Community will have to tell PM's webmaster to remove the incorrect advertising from the website.

Let me emphasize that I don't begrudge having to pay an unexpected $10. The phone that I bought works great, the price was decent, and I love my PM plan. It's perfectly reasonable that PM should charge a small fee for a SIM card. BUT, it's not good to have a website which makes a false promise which causes confusion to prospective customers.

Thank you, PM Community, for your help resolving this issue.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

I think the SIM would get shipped together.  

But you can open a ticket with mod and confirm.  If they are going to ship it to you back because it was missed, ask them how long to expect.   PM usually take 3 weeks or 4 weeks for SIM card orders

If you are eager to activate, you can try checking Warlmart/Loblaws/London Drug,  they might give out the SIM for free if you activate with them.    Or you can also order from Amazon.ca, it's $5 and will ship within 2 days if you have Prime membership.

@NDesai wrote:

@esjliv FYI, when you add any phone to your cart, SIM card automatically gets added. PM includes the sim card for free with every phone purchase. 

"Each phone is backed by a 1-year limited warranty and includes a $0 Public Mobile SIM."
[Pilot] Certified Pre-Owned Phones Now Available a... - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Hi @NDesai ,

Yes, I am aware of the wording. But I also know someone who ordered online with Public Mobile and was not sure if they 'zeroed' out the SIM card line or not.

In the cart it defaults to QTY '1' below, but you can change it to '0'.

esjliv_0-1625876421737.png

@esjliv FYI, when you add any phone to your cart, SIM card automatically gets added. PM includes the sim card for free with every phone purchase. 

"Each phone is backed by a 1-year limited warranty and includes a $0 Public Mobile SIM."
[Pilot] Certified Pre-Owned Phones Now Available a... - Community (publicmobile.ca)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JimP23 wrote:

I ordered a PublicMobile PreOwned phone earlier this week, and it arrived very quickly, just 2 days later.  But there was no PublicMobile sim card in the phone nor in the box.  Will the sim card be shipped to me separately?

Hello @JimP23 ,

When you ordered the phone do you recall selecting the option to include the SIM card?

If you thought a SIM card was supposed to be with the phone, I would inquire with the Moderators and explain this to them.

Hopefully, they will send one to you.

That is GREAT the phone came so quickly!! 🙂

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@JimP23 As far as I know, it should be shipped together. You might want to reach out to the moderator team for more info on this. 

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.