cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusual phone number on my usage history

TSK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There is a number that comes up on my usage history that I do not recognize. It is 306-580-4001. The number shows 12+ times in my history for the first 14 days in May. It usually shows it emanates from "All', although sometimes it shows Alberta. Of course, the calls go to "SK", and I think this means the calls  are going to Saskatchewan. I do not know anything about this number - the calls last from 15 - 30 seconds each. I am looking for an explanation.

9 REPLIES 9

ab2004

That's voice mail center number.  Call yourself  until l hear voice mail,  you will see a call out entry.  

@darlicious wrote:

All Alberta numbers have their voicemail go to thst Saskatchewan number its just the way it was set up.

Not so sure that it's "All" - but it does seem pretty common based on reports here. Maybe those that notice the discrepancy are the most likely to speak up, and the rest remain silent...

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@TSK wrote:

I live in Calgary and I would have thought that I would be hooked to a Calgary number to access my voicemail.

The voicemail access/deposit number selection process is shrouded in the fog of Telus mystery. 🙂  Regardless, it doesn't really matter since it could forward to a voicemail number in Newfoundland and it would still not cost you anything. However, to set your mind at ease if you like you can set your conditional call forwards to one of a few I have noted in Calgary by dialing *004*5875804001#

I never access my voicemail using another phone, so I am not dialling in to access my voicemail. And I have not paid attention to this, but I don't think I have tried to access my voicemail more than 2 times in the last 14 days.

So if it's not you dialling to access your voicemail, that only leaves other people calling you that you choose not to answer, manually decline, or have blocked. All of those will then be routed via conditional forward to the voicemail deposit number, which is what you're seeing in the call logs.

Maybe it does not matter if calls to voicemail are not charged against my 100 minutes? In any event, just a mystery to me.

Doesn't matter. None of your minutes are used for conditional, or unconditional call forwarding.

@TSK 

All Alberta numbers have their voicemail go to thst Saskatchewan number its just the way it was set up. Any numbers you have blocked also are directed to your voicemail unless you set up your conditional or unconditional call forwarding to another number. @Nezgar  has many threads posted that explain how to do this.

@TSK wrote:

Dunkman:

Thank you for this information. I am still at a loss - I live in Calgary and I would have thought that I would be hooked to a Calgary number to access my voicemail. I never access my voicemail using another phone, so I am not dialling in to access my voicemail. And I have not paid attention to this, but I don't think I have tried to access my voicemail more than 2 times in the last 14 days. Maybe it does not matter if calls to voicemail are not charged against my 100 minutes? In any event, just a mystery to me.

People leaving you messages doesn't count as minutes used from your plan.  Don't worry about which city your voicemail number is from. This is set on the Public Mobile side. It makes no difference. Someone doesn't even have to leave you a message for the entry to show in your usage history.  Remember that calling to check for your messages using your cell phone does count as part of your 100 outgoing minutes.

TSK

Dunkman:

Thank you for this information. I am still at a loss - I live in Calgary and I would have thought that I would be hooked to a Calgary number to access my voicemail. I never access my voicemail using another phone, so I am not dialling in to access my voicemail. And I have not paid attention to this, but I don't think I have tried to access my voicemail more than 2 times in the last 14 days. Maybe it does not matter if calls to voicemail are not charged against my 100 minutes? In any event, just a mystery to me.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@TSK 

That number shows up when somebody dials your number and access your voicemail.  Voicemail access phone numbers.  

Here is another thread about list of voicemail access numbers:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@TSK 

That's the number for your local voice mail server. 

Essentially any time you get calls that go to voicemail, it goes there.

@TSK wrote:

There is a number that comes up on my usage history that I do not recognize. It is 306-580-4001. The number shows 12+ times in my history for the first 14 days in May. It usually shows it emanates from "All', although sometimes it shows Alberta. Of course, the calls go to "SK", and I think this means the calls  are going to Saskatchewan. I do not know anything about this number - the calls last from 15 - 30 seconds each. I am looking for an explanation.

This is your voicemail number. The "all" part means that it was a call that was directed to your voicemail after the call was not answered. This is normal and does not count as usage if you're on a plan with only a limited amount of minutes.  However, listening to your voicemail messages from your cell phone does count as used outgoing minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.