cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsuccessful activation or Porting

Modesolamary
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello there,

Please, I need urgent help. I had my spouse on my account with my previous network provider. My activation was successful when I switched to Public Mobile, but my spouse wasn't. Everything was all wrong from the beginning, I do not receive an email saying the activation was successful, but my spouse does receive an email saying he had successfully referred somebody, so when I inserted the SIN Card it requested Network SIN Card Code, which I do not know, I mistakenly entered the number on the card three times, so I was blocked out. Now, it's PUK code, in order to get this code I have to create community account, I do receive an email after creating the community account asking me to verify, verification was done and I was able to send email to Moderator. I received an email from the moderator with a link to verify either my email or number to receive the PUK code, when I click on the link, it says my username is INVALID, I tried to use the second options which are to enter my number to get a five-digit code, I am not receiving any text or call on this number. I lost my casual job during this time because my employer couldn't reach me. I need urgent answers and solution to my problem. Moderator keeps asking me to verify my number and email, these two things are not working.

Thank you,

Modesola.

14 REPLIES 14

@Modesolamary wrote:

Unfortunately, the SIN is not working, even on other unlocked phones. After the SIN is active, it's now asking for Network SIN Unlocking code.

Your sim card should work other unlocked phones.  However, the phone that is asking for SIM Network Unlock PIN is still not unlocked.

If this phone was previously asking for the SIM Network Unlock PUK, it now asking for the other code (SIM Network Unlock PIN) is a good thing.  This means that the network unlock code will now work once you get that from the carrier that the phone is locked to.

Modesolamary

Unfortunately, the SIN is not working, even on other unlocked phones. After the SIN is active, it's now asking for Network SIN Unlocking code.

@Modesolamary wrote:

I think I am getting some helpful information here, I was able to verify my number using the SIM on another phone. I have now contacted the moderator for the next step to getting SIM network PUK. Thanks to you everyone for your contributions and concerns.

Please remember that moderators do not have this type of code.  SIM Network Unlock PUK is a master code to allow allow the regular network code to be accepted once again. Public doesn't help unlock phones from other carriers.  Only the old carrier or manufacturer can provide SIM Network Unlock PUK.

The moderators are going to give you a PUK for your sim card.  This isn't what you need.

Modesolamary

I think I am getting some helpful information here, I was able to verify my number using the SIM on another phone. I have now contacted the moderator for the next step to getting SIM network PUK. Thanks to you everyone for your contributions and concerns.

@Modesolamary wrote:

Thank you for your response,  I have contacted my previous network provider, they have provided me with the unlocking code, I follow the stemps to use it, which is to insert the new SIM card, then it would prompt me to enter unlocking code, I enter the code, but it's not working either.

This code will not work until you first get the Sim Network Unlock PUK.  As from before, this needs to be provided by the previous carrier or manufacturer. If you use the term "master unlock code", they should know what you mean.

Modesolamary

Thank you for your response,  I have contacted my previous network provider, they have provided me with the unlocking code, I follow the stemps to use it, which is to insert the new SIM card, then it would prompt me to enter unlocking code, I enter the code, but it's not working either.

Modesolamary

Thank you for your concern, much appreciated..

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Oops I forgot one more thing, it wouldn't be a bad idea to open an account with TextNow, they give you Canadian number and unlimited texting and calling to North America, so that you can always be reached when you have access to Internet, you can install it and use it on your spouses phone and vice versa, you receive voice mail too. This way there is another way for your employer to reach you

oglat

Another thing you may want to do is use a phone you know for sure is working with Koodo Telus or public mobile. You want to make sure you are solving one question at the time, so first sort out your account issue then sim issue and finally your phone (it looks like your phone may be locked) issue.

oglat

You should inform the moderator that something is wrong with the verification link, make sure you are not sharing browser with your spouse so that only you are logged in. They are trying to verify which account they are working on and if your spouse is logged in it may cause lots of confusion.

@Modesolamary wrote:

Hello there,

Please, I need urgent help. I had my spouse on my account with my previous network provider. My activation was successful when I switched to Public Mobile, but my spouse wasn't. Everything was all wrong from the beginning, I do not receive an email saying the activation was successful, but my spouse does receive an email saying he had successfully referred somebody, so when I inserted the SIN Card it requested Network SIN Card Code, which I do not know, I mistakenly entered the number on the card three times, so I was blocked out. Now, it's PUK code, in order to get this code I have to create community account, 

Hello.  I cannot tell if your account was created properly by your message posting here.

However, lets deal with one thing at a time.  As another member mentioned, your phone is locked to another carrier.  You will first need to get it unlocked to use it at Public Mobile.

Since you have incorrectly entered the SIM Network Unlovck PIN numerous times, you now need the SIM Network Unlock PUK code.  

Neither can be provided by Public Mobile's moderators.  You'll need to get the these both from the original carrier that the phone is locked to, the manufacturer, or from an unlock code seller.  

The SIM Network Unlock PUK is a master reset code to allow the SIM Network Unlock PIN to work (this is the one that unlocks your phone). 

Contact @Moderator_Team
It can take up to 48 hours for the team to respond to your concerns.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@ModesolamaryWe are all just normal Public Mobile users here and have no access to the backgroun machinations of PM. It sounds like you would need to send another message to the Moderators explaining the situation. Good luck.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Modesolamary wrote:

Hello there,

Please, I need urgent help. I had my spouse on my account with my previous network provider. My activation was successful when I switched to Public Mobile, but my spouse wasn't. Everything was all wrong from the beginning, I do not receive an email saying the activation was successful, but my spouse does receive an email saying he had successfully referred somebody, so when I inserted the SIN Card it requested Network SIN Card Code, which I do not know, I mistakenly entered the number on the card three times, so I was blocked out. Now, it's PUK code, in order to get this code I have to create community account, I do receive an email after creating the community account asking me to verify, verification was done and I was able to send email to Moderator. I received an email from the moderator with a link to verify either my email or number to receive the PUK code, when I click on the link, it says my username is INVALID, I tried to use the second options which are to enter my number to get a five-digit code, I am not receiving any text or call on this number. I lost my casual job during this time because my employer couldn't reach me. I need urgent answers and solution to my problem. Moderator keeps asking me to verify my number and email, these two things are not working.

Thank you,

Modesola.

It sounds like your phone is locked to your previous network and it was requesting an unlock code. You can only fail that one so many times 10 or so I think, before it will no longer accept attempts.

Need Help? Let's chat.