cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking my phone

Jesstwest
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello! I would like to unlock my phone for the purpose of selling it. I hope someone can help me!!

10 REPLIES 10

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@PublicMobile13 The exception to your comment was noted earlier; Public Mobile will unlock Telus and Koodo phones. 

@@

PublicMobile13

You have to call the customer support of the original carrier and ask them to unlock it. According to government laws this is a free service now so you should have no problem with them doing this assuming you are all paid up on your cell phone bill.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It may be faster if you ask Telus via online chat. They also can unlock all phones sold by Telus, Koodo and PM lol. They should have the "master list".

Jesstwest

Thank you everyone!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Jesstwest to contact a moderator and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

yes they will unlock telus phones.  Use SIMon (the question mark on bottom of screen) to contact moderatora and submit  your IMEI, or just call telus, it will probably be quicker.

Jesstwest

It was indeed a telus phone. Could I have a moderator please?

@Dunkman wrote:

@Jesstwest 

You have to contact the original carrier to which the phone is locked to.  It should be a free service.  

Public mobile has not sold phones for quite a while.  If it is a Public mobile locked phone, you would need to contact moderator.  

I'll add that Public Mobile will unlock or provide an unlock code for phones that are locked to Telus and Koodo.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Jesstwest 

You have to contact the original carrier to which the phone is locked to.  It should be a free service.  

Public mobile has not sold phones for quite a while.  If it is a Public mobile locked phone, you would need to contact moderator.  

Need Help? Let's chat.