cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking a phone

PhuongK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi There.  I have a old unlocked phone that I had used when I signed up with Public Mobile a while back.  I have since gotten a new phone.  I am trying to give my old phone to my daughter as I signed her up with Shaw Mobile.  However, when we put the SIM card in, it is saying 'Invalid SIM card. Network locked SIM card inserted.'  Shaw is telling me Public Mobile has locked my phone and I need them to unlock it.  How do I go about doing this?  Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

PhuongK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you!  Telus was able to help me. 🙂

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@PhuongK Try contacting the moderators. If the phone is originally from Telus/Koodo they will unlock it. You will need to provide the phone's IMEI; Dial *#06# to retrieve it. 

If it's a Samsung phone you can go to Samsung Canada website and open a live chat with them for the unlock code.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@PhuongK wrote:

Hi There.  I have a old unlocked phone that I had used when I signed up with Public Mobile a while back.  I have since gotten a new phone.  I am trying to give my old phone to my daughter as I signed her up with Shaw Mobile.  However, when we put the SIM card in, it is saying 'Invalid SIM card. Network locked SIM card inserted.'  Shaw is telling me Public Mobile has locked my phone and I need them to unlock it.  How do I go about doing this?  Thank you!

Your phone could be locked to Telus. Telus own PM. Contact Telus for the unlock code.

Need Help? Let's chat.