cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking Phone

bakedpotates
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm thinking of selling my current phone and buying a new one. I was wondering if anyone knows how to unlock my current phone so it will sell better.

18 REPLIES 18

@pmkwame1 wrote:

can i unlock my phone

Public Mobile can only help you unlock the phone if it is currently locked to Telus.  If that's the case, you must send a private message to the moderators.  Posting here won't get it unlocked for you.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

pmkwame1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

can i unlock my phone 352948060462490

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Paromaly wrote:

Hi!

I just bought a PM sim card and need to unlock my phone first, like you did.

My question is: did you activate you sim card with pm before unlocking your phone?

You can put your unactivated PM SIM in your phone to test whether your phone is locked or not.  If it is locked, it will ask you for the unlock code.

Numotiv

Beware some phones come unlocked even if purchase through a carrier. The Google phones are one example.

@Paromaly

I would suggest unlocking phone first and then activating SIM, but you don't have to.  Once you activate your SIM, you pay and your service starts.  Just in case you have problems unlocking your phone.  

Paromaly

Hi!

I just bought a PM sim card and need to unlock my phone first, like you did.

My question is: did you activate you sim card with pm before unlocking your phone?

Goodwin

I called fido, they gave me a code for unlocking the phone I brought from fido, when inserting a new PM sim card into this "fido"phone, I needed to enter the code they gave me, then good to go!

@Rob2 wrote:

I have been with PM for a few months now using my phone which is locked to Telus/Koodo/PM.

I recently contacted a mod to have my Telus phone (now working on PM) unlocked.

I received the following back from the mod,

"If you need to unlock the mobile device, it's like I explained it in the previous email : you need to see the provider where you purchased it to be able to unlock your mobile device.

We do not sell phone so we can't answer to this kind of question."

Sounds like a hard "NO" on unlocking at least from this mod.

I would just send another message to the moderators.  Unless something has changed in policy very recently, there have been numerous examples of Public Mobile providing the unlock code for Telus-locked devices.

Rob2

I have been with PM for a few months now using my phone which is locked to Telus/Koodo/PM.

I recently contacted a mod to have my Telus phone (now working on PM) unlocked.

I received the following back from the mod,

"If you need to unlock the mobile device, it's like I explained it in the previous email : you need to see the provider where you purchased it to be able to unlock your mobile device.

We do not sell phone so we can't answer to this kind of question."

Sounds like a hard "NO" on unlocking at least from this mod.

DaViD2018

Contact the original carrier for where your phone was purchased, they will gladly unlock it for free...just make sure you have your IMEI number handy since they will need it...it should take about 10mins on the phone and it will happen instantly when completed.

@shar

If your phone is Koodo or Telus locked, you can contact moderator to unlock the phone, but that would likely take 1-2 days.  You can also call Telus or Koodo directly also.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Or just send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

(include your phone number, account number and PIN)

@shar

You will need to contact the original mobile provider to get your phone unlocked.  Who was the provider?  

It should be a free service these days to unlock your phone.  

shar

I like to unlock my HUAWEI device with IMEI 86422402230557 thanks

Good morning @bakedpotates, Please send us a private message with your device's IMEI as mentioned above as well as your Public Mobile phone number. 

Thank you!

bakedpotates

The carrier is Public Mobile. The model is NG4R2LLA1549. 
Is it as simple as messaging the moderators maybe with this information??

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If your phone is locked to koodo or telus then send a private message to the mods with the imei # as mentioned above.  I am assuming it is locked to telus/koodo as it is your current phone.  

ICnatSepll

Your carrier in Canada is obligated to unlock your phone for you now free of charge and all new phones already come unlocked. 

I just unlocked my phone yesterday when i switched over and my phone was purchased back in 2015. You just need to call your provider. Takes them 2 mins to hook you up with a code. Put any other carriers sim card in and enter hte code given and you're good to go.

As long as your phone hasn't been reported stolen you will have no issues and you can double check that by entering in your IMEI number

I am not sure the rules on buying a phone second hand off of another person

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@bakedpotates wrote:

I'm thinking of selling my current phone and buying a new one. I was wondering if anyone knows how to unlock my current phone so it will sell better.

What is the exact model number of your specific phone? (Likely in options / settings / about phone) What carrier is it locked to? What is the IMEI number? Dial *#06# and will likely tell you.

Once we know the exact phone you have we can try to help you unlock it / source an unlock vendor. Its usually a very easy process.

The other option is depending on where you purchased it from, your provider may be required to unlock it for free if you request it.

Need Help? Let's chat.