cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked Phone asking for SIM network unlock NCK again... (Huawei P10)

maxorelaxo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up for public mobile (switching from Fido).
I called into Fido to unlock my Huawi P10, and they told me it was unlocked (no unlock code in their system).
Inserted the sim and it's asking for an unlock code...

Screenshot_20191015-135237.jpg

Anyone know what I can do about this?
Called back into Fido (as well as Rogers, just in case), and they both stated that the IMEI(phone) does not have an unlock code in their system, thus sold unlocked.

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@maxorelaxo 

Call Fido again.  You can try Rogers as FIDO phones are Rogers network locked.  No much you can do until you get your phone unlocked unless you want to pay to get it unlocked.  Good luck.

@maxorelaxo Your phone is not unlocked. Fido telling you that your phone is already unlocked is silly because unless it was was never locked to begin with, they would have know way to know the status. This is because while they can provide a code, they don't know it was used corectly. Either way, you were provided incorrect information both times as your phone is locked to them.

Call Fido back again and hope you get a proper response. They are required to provide the unlock code as long ad the phone's IMEI is in good standing.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

MEI is used to check if a phone is lost or blacklisted.

https://www.imei.info/

You would need to contact Fido to unlock your phone.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@maxorelaxo can you call huawei to see if they have an unlocke code? That's a lock code screen for sure! 

Need Help? Let's chat.