Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock my old phone

Mosleh_Mazumder
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

15 REPLIES 15

@darliciousand @Triguy

Thank you guys! I will try again and if it does not work will contact CCTC. Appreciate your advises!

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mosleh_Mazumder 

Question:  Do you know you're asking other PM customers and not an entity who can actually provide an unlock code?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need to contact your previous provider or if it is a Samsung phone then you can contact them directly.

If you need a PUK code from Samsung.

Samsung is giving unlock codes.   Start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page:   http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170 Inform the rep that you would like to unlock your phone and provide the IMEI & Carrier info In a few (2+) days, you will get the unlock code via email. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

allways VIP person 100% right...thanks a lot for right information...

@Meow 

What robbers is telling you is BS....doesnt matter if you never had an account with them....it could have been a corporate account that was never in your name. Call them back and ask for the unlock code. If they refuse tell them you will be making a CCTS complaint and you intend to take it to the final decision which will incur a penalty, compensation and a black mark on their record. 

When you tell them this is not the first time you have done this and won't be the last. You are the type of consumer who is willing to go the extra mile to hold mobile providers responsible when they break the WCC regulations.

You should get an unlocking code in short order....

Tell them at the beginning of the phone call that you are recording the conversation for future reference as an added incentive.

@Meow wrote:

Contacted Samsung - no go. They claim phone is international version and they cannot do anything.

Contacted Rogers - no go. They claim if I never had account with them they cannot do anything.

I got a phone in Canada from Canadian company as a gift so it has to be 'Canadian' version.

@Meow 

Not sure why phone manufacturers (Samsung, Apple, etc ) refuse to provide unlock codes.. (other than they try to make you ditch your old phones and buy new..)

Note 1.. $16.99 USD for an unlock code .. 

WHAT KIND OF PHONE DO YOU HAVE ???

@Meow wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

All wireless devices that are locked to a carrier must be unlocked upon request at no cost to the consumer.

Must? MUST?!?!

Let me tell you, this is pure propaganda with no merit.

I have Galaxy Note 1. Phone is about 10 years old. Never used it as a phone and shows Rogers logo on boot up. Assuming it is locket to Rogers I tried to unlock it few days ago.

Contacted Samsung - no go. They claim phone is international version and they cannot do anything.

Contacted Rogers - no go. They claim if I never had account with them they cannot do anything.

I got a phone in Canada from Canadian company as a gift so it has to be 'Canadian' version.

Try eBay. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mosleh_Mazumder 

All wireless devices sold after December 1, 2017, must be unlocked or sold with instructions on how to unlock the device at no additional cost. All wireless devices that are locked to a carrier must be unlocked upon request at no cost to the consumer.

CRTC bans cellphone unlocking fees, orders all new devices be unlocked

from where you getting go to them will be free.

@Mosleh_Mazumder 

Disregard this article. Carriers are now playing games and more so as @Yummy  mentioned. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow 

sorry i'm talking abut Canadian version device  not international version,

and for international version 90% is unlocked, and if you have a international version and you need to be unlock go to ebay and is lower price and not guarantee all device the do it,

@Anonymous wrote:

All wireless devices that are locked to a carrier must be unlocked upon request at no cost to the consumer.

Must? MUST?!?!

Let me tell you, this is pure propaganda with no merit.

I have Galaxy Note 1. Phone is about 10 years old. Never used it as a phone and shows Rogers logo on boot up. Assuming it is locket to Rogers I tried to unlock it few days ago.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mosleh_Mazumder  You already tried to put a PM SIM into it and it was asking for a unlock code?  If it is a phone since 2017, it could be unlocked already.  Or if it is a phone from Telus or Koodo, you don't need it unlocked to be used here.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mosleh_Mazumder 

All wireless devices sold after December 1, 2017, must be unlocked or sold with instructions on how to unlock the device at no additional cost. All wireless devices that are locked to a carrier must be unlocked upon request at no cost to the consumer.

CRTC bans cellphone unlocking fees, orders all new devices be unlocked

from where you getting go to them will be free.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Are you asking how to unlock your phone?

Call your current provider. Some of them require you to be their customer (either current or within 12 months).

Call phone's manufacturer

Both above should be free.

Get in touch with phone unlockers on Internet. Most of them if not all will charge you for this service.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Mosleh_Mazumder...best is to get ahold of previous cell network to unlock. Or go on eBay and pay a few $$ for unlock code.

What kinda phone is it ?

https://willmyphonework.net/

Need Help? Let's chat.