cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock code

pothierjen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I just bought a phone online and check the IMEI number it is comparable but it is saying unable to register to network,I tried contacting previous carriers and they all say it's not through them it is a lg x power three and I believe I need to unlock the phone but need to no how to use this with public mobile asap and I have been on the phone going in circles all day I hope someone can help me

17 REPLIES 17

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pothierjen wrote:

I meant that I have bought a black listed phone before and I was able to solve the problem

How would you feel if Telus or any other cell carrier UN-Blacklisted a Phone that you have spent your Hard Earned Dollars on for another Person to use that you as an original owner Reported lost or stolen? 

The best place to buy a phone is in a store or directly from the manufacturing company, there are more and more scams like this where people sell or trade blacklisted phones online.

Phones are usually blacklisted either because they are reported as stolen by a company or a previous owner has a large outstanding balance and they sell the phone rather than pay it so the provider who is owed blacklists the phone so it can't be used.

pothierjen

I meant that I have bought a black listed phone before and I was able to solve the problem

pothierjen

I bought my previous phone at Walmart and unfortunately dropped it in driveway and ran over it with a car so the screen no longer works so I bought this one online and trying to switch and never ever had this much trouble to get a phone going it's ridiculously frustrated

@pothierjen If your previous phone was locked then Telus would have been able to unlock the phone, but that's not the same as blacklisting.

pothierjen
  • I've had this happen before and I was able to solve the issue when I contacted Telus (who I was with previously) there is away to do it injury don't no how 

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pothierjen 

Edited my sim card question..must havebeen typing the same time...anyhow you bought a bad phone...only option is to try contact the seller....

@pothierjen If it's showing up as black listed you need to contact the seller for a refund.

pothierjen
  • I been with public mobile since end of Nov early dec

pothierjen
  •  Used it in two other unlocked phones today

Metal1967

@pothierjen 

Is the sim card a new activation or have you used it in another device before?

....edit...looks like you bought bad phone....try contact the seller...nothing anyone here can do..

pothierjen

If it shows it as black listed is there still a way to get it working? Or if the ppl I bought it from owe a bill on it?

pothierjen

That is correct too 

Metal1967

@pothierjen 

Also check prefered network setting...Screenshot_2019-02-27-07-03-07.png

@pothierjen 

1) Check https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/ to make sure the phones not black listed.

2) Update your phones operating system Settings --> General --> Update Centre --> Software Update --> Check now for update
3) Try putting a small piece of tape over the SIM card, it may not be getting a good connection.
4) Reset the network settings, go to settings --> General --> Restart & Reset --> Network Settings Reset --> Reset Settings

pothierjen

Hi I added all that in but I believe it's the network setting there is a spot that says search network operator and automatically pick I've tried both clicker on public mobile and it still says unable to register to network? Any suggestions

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
If it's not asking for a code you shouldn't need one. If you can use another phone try the SIM card in it to see if it's the card or the phone, and make sure your SIM is in correctly. Ty turning airplane mode on, restart your phone, then turn it off and see if it connects. And check the APN settings, go to Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names, they should look like this:
Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F
Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.
Need Help? Let's chat.