cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Carrier

sungbumnim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

My phone is locked with this weird carrier lock but this is not only problem that im going through because of this one thing. I lost my sim card so i cannot reach out and get helped from a person not a robot. Id like to unlock my phone please help me.

10 REPLIES 10

@BKNS27 wrote:

So if you got your phone from Telus (including Koodo or PM) before this date. You have to Telus to get a code to have it unlocked.

What make and model is the phone?

A Public Mobile customer does not need to contact Telus Mobility customer service to unlock a Telus-locked device.  As stated earlier by another member, Public Mobile will unlock the device. What's curious is the fact that this device shouldn't need unlocking to work at Public Mobile.

Earlier in this message thread, it was revealed that the device is an iPhone SE.  There's no such thing as an unlock code for an iPhone device. Public Mobile's moderators would need to arrange to have Apple unlock the device from their side of things.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sungbumnim 

It is illegal for carriers to lock any phones in Canada as of December 1, 2017.

So if you got your phone from Telus (including Koodo or PM) before this date. You have to Telus to get a code to have it unlocked.

What make and model is the phone?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sungbumnim wrote:

Hi,

My phone is locked with this weird carrier lock but this is not only problem that im going through because of this one thing. I lost my sim card so i cannot reach out and get helped from a person not a robot. Id like to unlock my phone please help me.

@sungbumnim ,

So, you lost your Public Mobile SIM card? How do you know your phone is locked?

Did you try another SIM card into the phone and received a message? 

Do you know someone with a Telus plan/SIM card that you can test their SIM in your phone to ensure it works?

Maybe check to see your phone is not blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sungbumnim : So then what are you trying to do? If the phone is locked to Telus then you can use the phone in the Telus family. If you wish to take the phone number elsewhere then Public Mobile could also unlock it.

So what exactly is the problem or your intentions?

@sungbumnim  Technically Telus cannot deny unlocking your phone.    (When did you get your phone from Telus?)

But.. the beauty with PM is that  PM, being part of the Telus family,  will help to unlock Telus phones.  You will need to open a ticket with Mod .

(After you open a ticket with mod, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Mod will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click on "Contact Us", click on "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket" then Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

sungbumnim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went back to the company which was Telus but they said that my carrier is not Telus anymore it's Public Mobile. Also, on my phone, it says that the carrier is now Public Mobile. My phone is iphone SE

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sungbumnim : For clarity...it's not lost then found...it's Suspend then Resume...yes under the Lost/stolen tab.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sungbumnim , as already mentioned, you need to contact the carrier that issued the device concerning getting it unlocked.  There is nothing Public Mobile can do here.  As for replacing the SIM card for your account, you can do that in the self serve.  For now, please make sure that you have used the lost phone function to secure your account.  Once you have a replacement SIM card, declare phone found, change the SIM card in the self serve and you should be good to go on the Public Mobile end.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sungbumnim   you are posting onto a open forum and we are just customer like you.  you might want to edit your post and remove the IMEI #

To get unlock code, you need to go back to the carrier you got the phone from and ask them to provide you that.  which carrier you got it from?

What brand and model is your phone?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@sungbumnim wrote:

Hi,

If your phone is locked you need to reach out to your previous carrier.

Need Help? Let's chat.