cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited provincial calling

proudfoot111195
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently just added a $25 monthly Prepaid Plan that included unlimited international text add unlimited provincial calling. But now whenever I try to call locally I keep getting told that I am not set up for long-distance and I need a long-distance add-on. I don't understand this as my phone plan is it with in Ontario and I am only calling Ontario and it and I'm supposed to have unlimited provincial wide calling why can I not send or receive calls. And how can I fix this also I attempted to change my number I needed to change went through successfully but I don't I can't remember it and how do I retrieve that number again I cannot send or receive text messages or make calls locally without getting a long-distance message

9 REPLIES 9

You can reach the moderator here @proudfoot111195 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Waiting time few hours to 2 days...patience..Smiley Frustrated

proudfoot111195

Thanks

MJ23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

To change your number, log into your PM account, where you can see the outstanding bill amount, select the ‘Change Number’ tab and follow the tab. This will permit you to change your number.

Welcome to PM,

mj23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@proudfoot111195 

Ditto on the lost/stolen but I'll pick up on one piece of your OP...your new phone number. On looking for exactly where it is in the self-serve, it looks like the self-serve is in another of its all too frequent moods. So...if you click on the upper version of the View My Usage then you'll see your phone number in the originating column when out-bound or the destination column when in-bound.

Edit: so I went to another browser...click on Plan & Add-Ons and your phone number will appear in the upper area of the result.

This can happen with account issue.  If lost/stolen doesn't work, send message to moderator_team.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try the lost / stolen trick. Log into self serve. Click Plans & Addons. Click Lost/Stolen phone. Click Suspend service. Log out of self serve. Reboot phone. Wait 10 minutes. Log back in. Go back to the same place and say found phone. Reboot phone.

proudfoot111195

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@proudfoot111195 wrote:

I recently just added a $25 monthly Prepaid Plan that included unlimited international text add unlimited provincial calling. But now whenever I try to call locally I keep getting told that I am not set up for long-distance and I need a long-distance add-on. I don't understand this as my phone plan is it with in Ontario and I am only calling Ontario and it and I'm supposed to have unlimited provincial wide calling why can I not send or receive calls. And how can I fix this also I attempted to change my number I needed to change went through successfully but I don't I can't remember it and how do I retrieve that number again I cannot send or receive text messages or make calls locally without getting a long-distance message

@proudfoot111195 

Sorry you are having trouble. You might find that adding a ”1” to the beginning of your phone call dial might solve the issue. As long as you have minutes left (are not on a limited calling plan) your account may have a provisioning issues where the database of included calling numbers is corrupted.  Please reach out to the moderator team and they should be able to reprovision your account.  Click this to send them a message

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Try dialing a 1 before the number.
Need Help? Let's chat.