cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited international texts

Jaba2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am new to Public Mobile,

I have a $30 plan that includes Unlimited international texts.

Can you please clarify how it works? I travelled to the USA today and got a message saying that I don’t have US Roaming texts. Does this mean my unlimited international texts are only to receive texts from outside of Canada when I am in Canada? 

7 REPLIES 7

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jaba2 wrote:

Can you please clarify how it works? I travelled to the USA today and got a message saying that I don’t have US Roaming texts. Does this mean my unlimited international texts are only to receive texts from outside of Canada when I am in Canada? 

@Jaba2  Your plan only works when you are in Canada. International texts means you can send and receive texts anywhere in the world as long as your in Canada. When you are in the US if you turn roaming on you will be able to receive texts free of charge. If you want to be able to make/receive calls or send texts  or use data you will nered to purchase a US Roaming addon that is good for 10 days 

Jaba2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the suggestions..

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jaba2 If you can get access to wifi, you can download a free calling app such as TextNow or Fongo. Once you are away from Canada, you can call and text back to North America for FREE. The app can access to your contact list directly and make call or text, so it is easy to use. Have fun in the States!

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

@Jaba2 

International Text is you can text from canada to International.

but if you are not in canada you have to buy a romming text addon.

Public Mobile customers can only roam is U.S. to be specific.  Outside U.S., service won't work and no roaming add-on available.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jaba2 

International Text is you can text from canada to International.

but if you are not in canada you have to buy a romming text addon.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

u@Jaba2 And if you want to text when in US you can buy an roaming add-on. DCEB79BB-186D-45DE-ADC9-899BE5AC2BFE.png

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Jaba2 wrote:

Yes all the texts you can send or receive are when you are IN CANADA and they can come from anywhere of the 🌍 

Need Help? Let's chat.