cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Minutes on Account have somehow ran out??

MeganBSmith
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is truly ridiculous, and does not make sense. I just tried to make a call and got notified that apparently I am "out of minutes". I am on a $35 plan that has unlimited Canada minutes, so that literally makes zero sense.

I do not make any calls outside of Alberta (where I live) and Saskatchewan. My account is up to date, paid for, etc. So there are zero issues with the account. What is the problem? Anyone else encountered this? Seems ridiculous that I might have to wait until the next cycle to be able to make another call, when clearly some technical error has occurred. Super frustrated.

12 REPLIES 12

qwerty789
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Agree with responses. Try restarting your phone, especially if it is a few years old already, I have had similar glitches happen with my phone.

@MeganBSmith 

This is a provisioning issue that you should be able to fix yourself. As mentioned but methodically go thru each of these troubleshooting tips and try calling after each one.

1. Reboot phone.
  2. Toggle airplane mode on/off.
  3. Remove sim card for 10 min. or if possible put in another phone.
  4. Add a $1 manual payment to your balance. 
  5. Contact customer support to reprovision your sim card if you cannot wait then log into your account. Suspend your service via lost/stolen. Log out/in. Resume your service. Log out and reboot.( You will have to contact a CSA after your renewal to have your rewards manually applied as using lost/stolen causes a glitch preventing rewards from being applied.)

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@MeganBSmith 

That doesn’t sound right since you have unlimited calling within Canada.

Definitely a glitch in the system. Just contact the PM CS Agent to have them look into it for you. Click on the SIMon chat button and type in Create a Ticket then follow the prompts.

People quickly get out of the habit of adding a 1 in front of numbers but technically any call further than the old land line toll free area around you should still have a 1 added. You can put a 1 in front of all numbers in your directory without any problems being created even if it is a local call.

To rationalize this thought/requirement remember that the message comes from the network and lots of people have plans that do not cover all of Canada and still some plans exist that don’t even cover an entire province be default.

AE_Collector

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MeganBSmith 

yes, it is just a glitch. It may happen occasionally.

Happened to me a few times, after PM was doing some changes in their backend with Provincial Only plans (with they withdrew thankfully). I am relating to this, just from the timing it happened to me.

But rebooting, or toggling to airplane mode reset things, and the message would go away.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You definitely have unlimited in/out calls and cannot run out of minutes. Maybe some local intermittent outage or cell tower(s) hiccups?

Does SMS works? Can you receive/send SMS?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  Also make sure you dial 1 + area code.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MeganBSmith    Yes, it's a system hiccup sometimes.  Just try dialing 1 in front of the 10 digits.   If still fails, reboot the phone and it should be good 

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MeganBSmith  From your description, this does sound like a possible configuration issue with your account.

I would suggest you private message @CS_Agent . They may ask for some details to authenticate your request and account, and will be able to get the issue resolved.

Alternatively, you can file a ticket for this issue with SIMon the chatbot, by clicking on the bubble on the lower right hand corner of this screen.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@MeganBSmith...this happens occasionally...try redialing again. Try adding 1 ahead of area code.

Try turning phone off / on again sometimes helps...but you def have Unlimited Canada wide calling with your current plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MeganBSmith 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do again Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

To get the obvious out of the way...you used ( +1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,

for Example long distance, Add (+1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,
1416xxxxxxx,
or
+1416xxxxxxx,
both is will going through your call...

Good luck and enjoy the service..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MeganBSmith : Have you been adding the 1 in front of your calls?

Try switching your phone to 3G/WCDMA/UMTS/HSPA. There might be some network things going on for your area. This has been happening in several locations. But the 3G seems to work around it.

Need Help? Let's chat.