cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Canada/us talk & international text

Denised2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, read few a few topics but still confused. I bought this plan and wondering how it works. From what I understand

I can call within Canada to a Canadian/ us number free

incoming calls from us and if I am in us, there is roaming charges. 

Texting within canada to anywhere is free

texting outside outside of Canada and the PM network, there is a charge. 

Could someone one please confirm this?

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DougWoodman wrote:

Just to be clear, if I am in Cincinatti, Ohio and make a call to Toronto Canada, I would be charged roaming fees. Anybody know how much that fee would be for a 3 minute call?

@DougWoodman the answer is:  it depends.

If you don't buy any US Roaming add-ons (and do not have the $60 plan), then the cost for you would be $ZERO, and the call will fail.  

If you are on the $60 plan or you bought either the $8 US Roaming Talk 10 day add-on or either of the two bundles which include it, then the cost to you is <whatever you paid for the add-on> and there is no roaming fee.  

TLDR:  Public Mobile is entirely pre-paid--either you pay for the roaming service and that is your cost, or you pay nothing and get nothing.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

DougWoodman

Just to be clear, if I am in Cincinatti, Ohio and make a call to Toronto Canada, I would be charged roaming fees. Anybody know how much that fee would be for a 3 minute call?

Creaeytions
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So glas I found this article. Thank you for your kind explanations. 

bethie

Yes .. I understand that they are expensive but they really should not be ... particularly continental US and Canada ... hopefully this carrier will investigate how to provide this service at s reduced cost ... I would expect that offering to be very attractive to those families that span both countries 

srlawren

@bethie International plans are typically very expensive.  For example, at parent company Telus, they start at $100 a month https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/plans?linktype=ge-meganavs#international-plans.  You're not getting this for PM pricing, unfortunately.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

bethie

i agree this plan was very confusing .. I switched because it appeared that this was north america calling/texting without add ons ... this should have been highlighted or explained better

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@Denised2 just to add to the great explanation above. Roaming only works in the USA. Anywhere else you will have no service.

@Denised2Here is more info on the us roaming https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/U-S-Roaming/ta-p/307883

This is the roaming coverage for US // Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico & Virgin Islands

us.png

haw.png

asl.png

pu.png

mimmo

@Denised2 just to add to the great explanation above. Roaming only works in the USA. Anywhere else you will have no service.

LindsayAustin

This is correct 😊

Denised2

Thank you, very hard to get info off the PM site. 

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Denised2 wrote:

Hi, read few a few topics but still confused. I bought this plan and wondering how it works. From what I understand

I can call within Canada to a Canadian/ us number free

incoming calls from us and if I am in us, there is roaming charges. 

Texting within canada to anywhere is free

texting outside outside of Canada and the PM network, there is a charge. 

Could someone one please confirm this?

@Denised2

While in Canada you can call Can+US for free

While in Canada you can Text international for free

While in Canada anyone can call you from anywhere for free

While you are outside of Canada you need a 10 day roaming add-on for any feature

While you are outside of Canada with the correct 10 day roaming add-on anyone can call/text you normally and to the caller / texter you are at your normal location. Your incomming number stays the same where ever you are.

Need Help? Let's chat.