cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Canada Wide Talk

Carolanne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What does this mean exactly? This is part of my plan. I have a 613 area code, but when I try to call a 416 area code it says I do not have an active long distance add on and to purchase an add on.

8 REPLIES 8

@Carolanne wrote:

What does this mean exactly? This is part of my plan. I have a 613 area code, but when I try to call a 416 area code it says I do not have an active long distance add on and to purchase an add on.

When it comes to dialing the 1 before the number, this should not make a difference, but with strange system bugs floating around, it still might be worth a try.

Dialing the 1 before the area code is only supposed to bypasss a message about long distance charges, but the call, with a Canada-wide talk plan, should still go through.

The message about not having the required long distance add-on or you not including "talk" leads me to leans towards the account provisioning issue brought up earlier.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Likely, plan minutes, have expired. Check plan and add ons in self serve to see if this is the case. 5.00 500 minute add on is a great deal and the minutes never expire until totally consumed.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Carolanne wrote:

Triple check that you have dialled the number correctly, if you pull it from contacts try entering the number manually on the keypad.

If dialling +1 in front of the number still fails: are you on a limited minute plan ($15, or the grandfathered $10) and have run out of minutes? Add the $5/500minutes add-on and you are good to go. The add-on will stay in your account until used up and will kick in whenever you are out of plan minutes before your renewal date.

If you are on an unlimited talk plan and you can call other numbers ok, it might be a provisioning problem. You'd need to contact the moderator team (= Public Mobile customer service) and have them look into it.

@Carolanne Are you on a limited outgoing minutes plan? Is it possible that you are out of minutes?

It you are on a limited minute plan, log into http://selfserve.publicmobile.ca and see what your minutes line says. If you have no minutes line, you are out of minutes or at least, public mobile sees you as being out of minutes.

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Mobile phone calls are considered as local by mobile services, and the system is capable of identifying a phone number with only the area code. You can test that to make a long distance call with dialing a 1 and see if it dosen't go through without it. You shouldnt be charged if its a Canadian number.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Unlimited Canada wide talk = you can call any Canadian phone number as long as you are calling from anywhere in Canada without paying additional long distance charge.  Just make sure to add 1 in front of phone number outside your local calling area.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

416 is definitely included

If you let the message play does it connect after?

If that's the case you can avoid it by dialing 1 before the number.

If not check the status of your account, were you about to renew last night?

Otherwise contact moderators https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Carolanne try dialing with a 1 in front of The number.

@Carolanne wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.