cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown charges from my bank account

valeriemccallum
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have no idea what Public Mobile is all about. I have been having $49.35 deducted from my bank account since July to present (November 2020). I don't use a public mobile service and have no idea why I'm paying a monthly subscription. Please help me as I would really like this money refunded to me. $246.75 and further deductions to stop. Can someone help me please?

12 REPLIES 12

@valeriemccallum 

Valerie. Can you give us an update?

@computergeek541 wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:OP refers to charges on bank account....NOT.......credit card. 

That's true, but as the money was removed from a bank account and the merchant name is Public Mobile, it would have had to have been a Visa or Mastercard debit card.  Generally, the same consumer protection policies apply or they wouldn't be able to use the Visa/Mastercard logos.

As I previously surmised above. Next step for OP.....is the card lost? Stolen? Used by an unauthorized person? How often is the purse unattended and where?

Where  is @valeriemccallum  the OP??

@LurganIeUk wrote:OP refers to charges on bank account....NOT.......credit card. 

That's true, but as the money was removed from a bank account and the merchant name is Public Mobile, it would have had to have been a Visa or Mastercard debit card.  Generally, the same consumer protection policies apply or they wouldn't be able to use the Visa/Mastercard logos.

@valeriemccallum wrote:

I have no idea what Public Mobile is all about. I have been having $49.35 deducted from my bank account since July to present (November 2020). I don't use a public mobile service and have no idea why I'm paying a monthly subscription. Please help me as I would really like this money refunded to me. $246.75 and further deductions to stop. Can someone help me please?

Since you have no relationship with Public Mobile and are sure that you have not authorized any charges, there is no need to contact Public Mobile, nor can they give you access to any such account. Call your card issuer and immediately file a payment dispute/chargeback and give them the reason of "fraudulent charge". Also have your bank issue cancel your current card and issue you a new card/new card number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : PM takes Visa and Mastercard Debit.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @valeriemccallum,

Are you sure payments are being deducted from a bank account?  If so, contact your bank and find out who and what service is being paid from your account.

Public mobile does not accept debit payments from bank accounts. (Edit: unless it's a VISA debit??)

@hairbag1 wrote:

@valeriemccallum wrote:

Looks like you / someone subscribed to the $45 plan + tax...with Autopay enabled, you only pay 49.35 every 30 days.

Has anyone close to you subscribed to PM back in July ...and used your credit card as payment ?

The others have provided suggestion on how to start process of moderator assistance. Have the moderator remove your credit card from Autopay, to stop automatic payments.

While you're waiting, have a look around the Public Mobile site...you might even find a cell plan that you like.  😷

OP refers to charges on bank account....NOT.......credit card. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@valeriemccallum wrote:

Looks like you / someone subscribed to the $45 plan + tax...with Autopay enabled, you only pay 49.35 every 30 days.

Has anyone close to you subscribed to PM back in July ...and used your credit card as payment ?

The others have provided suggestion on how to start process of moderator assistance. Have the moderator remove your credit card from Autopay, to stop automatic payments.

While you're waiting, have a look around the Public Mobile site...you might even find a cell plan that you like.  😷

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

You say these are bank charges? Not credit card charges? And not a credit card has the balance paid automatically from you bank account?

Here is the only way you an pay for PM. 

We accept the following credit cards, registered to a Canadian address: VISA, MasterCard and American Express. We also accept VISA debit cards and Public Mobile Payment Vouchers.

So can you see what method is being used to be able to debit your bank account? My guess is a Visa debit card. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Since July and you're only writing now?

Public Mobile is a cell provider that offers calling, data and text. Does anyone in your household have a plan and used your card by chance?

In any event you'll have to contact the moderators who work for Public Mobile to look into the situation for you. You should contact them via private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I would suggest to open a ticket with the mod.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@valeriemccallum wrote:

I would suggest to have bank refuse any future charges as the first step. 

Need Help? Let's chat.