cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexplained data usage

Clive2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Simple fix if you have your Mobile data "off" and your account shows more data used just toggle airaplane mode to on for 30 seconds then back off, your account will reset I do this every 2 days

14 REPLIES 14

caseyshea89
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Forgot to mention,  if your phone has a data saver setting activate it as well! Most 

@caseyshea89 wrote:

Limit  background data usage by turning off in app settings and in phone optimization 

This has been discovered to be an anomoly in the Public Mobile counter.

caseyshea89
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Limit  background data usage by turning off in app settings and in phone optimization 

@Luddite wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Clive2   There is still some mystery very minor data leakage out there that has yet to be explained and does not reset. It's a few kb but still an enigma.....

Perhaps PM uses the enigma machine to calculate data usage as secret messages.

800px-EnigmaMachineLabeled.jpg

@Luddite   Publics portable puzzle propagating perpetrator?

Clive2

LOL nice one

@darlicious wrote:

@Clive2   There is still some mystery very minor data leakage out there that has yet to be explained and does not reset. It's a few kb but still an enigma.....

Perhaps PM uses the enigma machine to calculate data usage as secret messages.

800px-EnigmaMachineLabeled.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Clive2 wrote:

But ya that phone you hooked me up is working great

I'm happy to hear you're satisfied with your purchase. It's great value for a phone of that calibre. It also appears most of the camera software issues have been corrected in later manufactured versions of that model of the Umidigi A5 pro. It's still not the best in low light but you can't complain at $130.

Clive2

k

@Clive2 wrote:

@Clive2  just so you know you can edit your posts to include all of the above posts in one post.  There isn't a need to make a post for each sentence.  As well if you are replying to a specific post by someone it helps to hit the quote button when you do your reply. This will let everyone know who you are replying to.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Clive2

Clive2

My base is 3mb then jumps to 8mb, after reset goes back to 3mb

Clive2

better than nothing lol

Clive2

Mine does not set back to zero, but sets back to what had to used to set up my account, so it does set back

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.