cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send 'some' SMS messages

JeffB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yesterday I purchased 2 Public Mobility sims for 2 iphones and set each of them up with new phone numbers using the $15 plan. I am able to send and receive calls and also use the data to access web sites. I can also receive SMS messages but I am having problems sending 'some' SMS messages. I can send messages to some contacts but for many of them I am unable to send SMS messages.

The behaviour between the 2 iphones is not consistent. On one iphone I can send a message to a particular number while on the other phone I am unable to send a message to the same number (and vice versa).

I have adjusted the APM setting to sp.mb.com so I believe the set up correct on both iphones. I have tried various suggestions from the community support forums but haven't been able to find a solution. Is there anything else I could try?

7 REPLIES 7

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi JeffB,

I'm really sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, but we can surely help you find a solution

In order to do so, can you send us a private message via the Community? Please click on this link: https://goo.gl/JnHqMR

Kind Regards,

Public Mobile Moderator Team

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

I'm an Android guy, ut my wife has an iphone.

In her setttings... under messenges, there is a toggle for send as SMS if imessage cannot complete. Is it possible, this has to be turned on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0jzHHU3UEo

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@JeffBWhat iOS version are you using? If you are using the latest 11, 12.. I highly recommend NOT to mess with the APN.. as the carrier profile for Public Mobile is directly downloaded from Apple. Messing with APN is the default hail mary solution for a lot of data problems on this forum, mainly direct at Android users, but it is not necessarily and very rarely the problem with Apple devices. Changing it just send you down the wrong rabbit hole.

Since it is iMessage, log out and relogin your iCloud account on the phone. Even better start your iPhone from scratch. Reset and clear your phone, setup as a new phone and login to your iCloud account during setup.

Also make sure the SMS / MMS fallbacks (there are 2 options) have been turned on.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@JeffB sometimes we accidently block people you can check that also

JeffB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Lieux wrote:

@JeffB wrote:

Yesterday I purchased 2 Public Mobility sims for 2 iphones and set each of them up with new phone numbers using the $15 plan. I am able to send and receive calls and also use the data to access web sites. I can also receive SMS messages but I am having problems sending 'some' SMS messages. I can send messages to some contacts but for many of them I am unable to send SMS messages.

The behaviour between the 2 iphones is not consistent. On one iphone I can send a message to a particular number while on the other phone I am unable to send a message to the same number (and vice versa).

I have adjusted the APM setting to sp.mb.com so I believe the set up correct on both iphones. I have tried various suggestions from the community support forums but haven't been able to find a solution. Is there anything else I could try?

I had this trouble yesterday.....I removed the email of my concerned contacts and everything was OK after that. Maybe some mixed errors with the Imessages....

Thanks for the suggestion. I was wondering if it was related to imessages but some of the contacts use android phones. I tried removing the email for a few of the contacts but was still unable to send the text.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@JeffB hi make sure you updated your phone number in apple id

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@JeffB wrote:

I had this trouble yesterday.....I removed the email of my concerned contacts and everything was OK after that. Maybe some mixed errors with the Imessages....

Need Help? Let's chat.