cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send nor receive text messages after activation

Fina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I just activated a new PM plan and got a new number along with it. I can make and receive phone calls, and data is working just fine too. I was about to go ahead to make a new account, but never receive the text containing the 6-digit code. I tried sending out texts and asking others to send me texts, and nothing seem to happen. I have a samsung S4 phone. Any suggestion on how to resolve the issue? Thank you. 

7 REPLIES 7

@Fina wrote:

Yes, and it took PM 5 days to fix the problem because they could not understand why or what caused it.

Fina

Smiley Frustrated I know what you mean....

Fina

Yes, and it took PM 5 days to fix the problem because they could not understand why or what caused it.

Fina

@Fina good news!

Fina

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions. I did contact a moderator, and it took the moderator several tries before it is fixed.  Apparently there was a glitch in the system that prevented me to send or receive sms. The moderator sent the problem to the tech support, and the problem was solved.  It works like a charm now.  Thank you all and I thank the  PM moderators for helping and doing their best.

Fina

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, can you send a MMS (picture text)? 

For SMS (normal texting), verify the SMSC (short message service center) setting is +16475800172

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Fina wrote:

Hi, I just activated a new PM plan and got a new number along with it. I can make and receive phone calls, and data is working just fine too. I was about to go ahead to make a new account, but never receive the text containing the 6-digit code. I tried sending out texts and asking others to send me texts, and nothing seem to happen. I have a samsung S4 phone. Any suggestion on how to resolve the issue? Thank you. 

@Fina  What plan are you on?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Fina 

Can you try your PM SIM card in another phone to determine whether it is a hardware issue versus PM service issue?

If it is a PM service issue, then you will need to contact moderator to help you.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If it is a phone issue, you could try network reset or even factory reset.  

Need Help? Let's chat.