cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register to Public mobile

mike313
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I popped in my sim card and try registering but it states it's unable to connect to public mobile. My account is active, my phone is a nexus 6p. I popped in my fido sim card and it connects instantly so the sim card is fitted properly, any advice? Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

don't worry...not wasting anybody's time..we are all in the same boat...glad you got the issue resolved...cheers

mike313

So I checked my sim card and actually I typed it incorrectly and typed in the correct number and it works, sorry for wasting everyone's time 😕 appreciate the help tho!

jheili99

yes, check out your phone's spec.... many huawei brand phone's do not support the band 4 ..especially the so-called labeled " world or international " one's.... if you have the option, did you already try your sim in a different phone?

if all seems ok, then yes, send a private message to a moderator and they would have to refresh the netwotk setting on your line..

curious: if you dial your own number from a landline or so, does it go into voicemail?

just some troubleshooting prior to requesting a mod's help...

cheers

donnylegere
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Mike, I use a Nexus 6p and yes, no issues in using the service, it should work fine.  I have heard that powering the device on and off would help as well to regeister the ESN on the network.  Try that. and see. 

mike313

Oh interesting, I went to public mobile's website to enter the IMEI. It states it should work

jheili99

hi

did you check your IMEI to see if your phone is compatible with PM? if you search the forum for "will my phone work" you will find the link for the  IMEI checker

PM works on the Telus Band 4  LTE network which not all phones support ( many support multiple bands but some phones do not support the Band 4 especially huawei phones as i got a y625 with the same problem..)

cheers

mike313

Yes it's unlocked bought from the google play store and the LTE is set as preferred but still doesn't work thanks 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Is your phone unlocked? If yes, check your settings and make sure network is set to LTE. 

Need Help? Let's chat.