cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive incoming calls

lieselkimsing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I just transfered from Fido to Public mobile and for some reason I cannot receive any incoming calls but I can phone out. When someone tries to phone my number it says that my number isn't registered. It is the same number that I used when I was with Fido. I tried to phone Fido but they couldnt help my so I'm guessing its an error on PM side? Any advice or help, please.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

lieselkimsing

Okay, I just sent them a message now. Thank you!

@lieselkimsing wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I changed to Public mobile about 3 weeks ago and it stills gives and error. I have tried to restart my phone a couple of times and it still doesnt work. It says that my number is not assigned?..

@lieselkimsing3 Weeks!? I suggest sending a message to the moderator team ASAP. Click this to send them a message. Remember to give a full description of your issue with as much detail and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number so they don’t send you a message back asking for more details.

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT) 

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

lieselkimsing

Thanks for your reply. I changed to Public mobile about 3 weeks ago and it stills gives and error. I have tried to restart my phone a couple of times and it still doesnt work. It says that my number is not assigned?..

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lieselkimsing

Porting number may take a few hours to completely ported.

Is your Fido SIM card still working?

If yes, use your Fido SIM card until it is completely dead,  Then, the port is completed and use the PM SIM card.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@lieselkimsing wrote:

Hi there,

I just transfered from Fido to Public mobile and for some reason I cannot receive any incoming calls but I can phone out. When someone tries to phone my number it says that my number isn't registered. It is the same number that I used when I was with Fido. I tried to phone Fido but they couldnt help my so I'm guessing its an error on PM side? Any advice or help, please.

Thanks!

If you just ported, it takes some time, every hour or so remove your battery / restart your phone. It can take time on your first port over and there can be weird issues for a short period of time.

If the issue continues you may have a partially completed port but most often ports just take a bit longer. One of the moderators can take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along.  Click this to send them a message

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but send a message to the moderator team and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number and they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT)

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Need Help? Let's chat.