cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive calls.

penny_hudson53
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I recently activated with public mobile and used my previous number from another carrier to do so. Everything seemed to go smoothly, but when I started up my phone I received a message saying that there was a problem and that I needed to go to Contact us and complete the SIM and Activation online. I cannot find this link and have already completed the Activation page. It seems I am able to make calls but not receive them. Anyone have experience with this?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

@drmartin wrote:

@mikga wrote:

Yes, like mine took a day to port the old number over to PM.

If it's a landline number it can take even longer!

While that's true, that's not the issue here.  When a customer receives that text message, the port will never go through unless another attempt is made.  The message is only sent out to Public Mobile customer when the porting request has failed.

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you ported from a landline it can take 3-5 business days to complete the port and the issue you are describing can happen for a day or two. From another cell carrier it can happen for about 2-3 hours. If it continues after this contact the Moderators. 

To get help with your account, activation, or service?

Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account.

They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).

Click here to send them a private message.

In your message please include:

PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].

Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received

Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.

*I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me*

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mikga wrote:

If it's a landline number it can take even longer!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The warning message means there's something wrong with the port.  Contacting the moderator team as suggested looks to be inevitable.

mikga
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@penny_hudson53

When did you port your number?  It can take up to 1-2 hours for the port to be completed.  

There is no online form to fill out.  It looks like that you may have an incomplete port.  You will need to contact the moderator to get help.  It will be 1-2 day wait.  You should still be able to use your old provider/SIM card in the meantime.  

send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.  Also, include your old account number, account holder name.  

mikga
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.