cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive calls after port

drewber83
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey so been with public for a couple weeks and decided to Port my number from my old carrier. It went through and I can now call and people see my ported number but if anyone calls me it doesn't ring on my phone. Regardless if they use my ported number or my old number I can't receive calls. I've tried putting it in airplane mode, rebooting and removing and reinserting the Sim. Can someone help ?

4 REPLIES 4

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@RossN wrote:

@drewber83 Hi you may have a stuck port contact moderator  here

It is consensual that we need to take out all other possibilities first before going to mod.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

That's normal behaviour while a port is in progress. Is your old number cellular, voip, or landline? 

If cellular, try your old SIM. It should work until the port-in completes. Do not close your old account; that should happen automatically.

If your port-in of a cell number has stalled more than 3 hours you will need moderator assistance. If so, send a private message to the moderator team with an explanation;

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437.

When requested you will need to provide

• old carrier account number, exactly as shown on your bill. The DBC part listed in a Freedom account is considered part of Freedom Mobile account number.

• old carrier phone number

• the account holder's name, exactly as shown on your bill

• an Alternate Phone Number; someone else’s, not your own

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@drewber83 Hi you may have a stuck port contact moderator  here

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@drewber83 wrote:

Hey so been with public for a couple weeks and decided to Port my number from my old carrier. It went through and I can now call and people see my ported number but if anyone calls me it doesn't ring on my phone. Regardless if they use my ported number or my old number I can't receive calls. I've tried putting it in airplane mode, rebooting and removing and reinserting the Sim. Can someone help ?

How long has it been since port? What's your previous carrier? Did you have outstanding balance with them?

Need Help? Let's chat.