cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive call after port out from Rogers

whhjust
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

After move from Rogers to PM yesterday, I am not able to receive call. All incoming calls goes to voice mail.

At the time when port out is requested, there was a block feature in Rogers side but after I chat with customer service, it is removed. 

After that, I disabled Rogers sim and I can call out and data is working fine, though I didn't test if I can receive calls.

There was a message from PM yesterday saying that the port out is not successful and I need to go to publicmobile.ca and click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. However, there's no such page on PM website.

Now, all the incoming call goes to voicemail, the greeting message is still the one I set with Rogers. So, seems like the port out is partially done, partially not done. Please help!

5 REPLIES 5

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

A moderator must be contacted to resolve this issue. The Rogers account will remain active until the port is complete and should not be closed before then. Insert Rogers sim to maintain service until it stops working and then use PM sim to continue service.

@wetcoaster wrote:

@whhjust wrote:

Hi there,

After that, I disabled Rogers sim and I can call out and data is working fine, though I didn't test if I can receive calls.

What exactly do you mean by this?

The account the number is ported from needs to be active during the port. The account will automatically close once the port has succesfully completed.

If you closed the Rogers account before the port to Public Mobile was completed, you've lost your Rogers number and the port failed. You'd need to get back to Rogers and activate your account again before contacting the Public Mobile moderators as indicated above.

Yup, exactly what I thought, when I read the underlined part above.....

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@whhjust wrote:

Hi there,

What exactly do you mean by this?

The account the number is ported from needs to be active during the port. The account will automatically close once the port has succesfully completed.

If you closed the Rogers account before the port to Public Mobile was completed, you've lost your Rogers number and the port failed. You'd need to get back to Rogers and activate your account again before contacting the Public Mobile moderators as indicated above.

sweden06
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yeah, your port was definitely not successful. As already mentioned, contact a Moderator. Don't try to port again and make sure your Rogers Account remains active.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@whhjust wrote:

Hi there,

After move from Rogers to PM yesterday, I am not able to receive call. All incoming calls goes to voice mail.

At the time when port out is requested, there was a block feature in Rogers side but after I chat with customer service, it is removed. 

There was a message from PM yesterday saying that the port out is not successful and I need to go to publicmobile.ca and click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. However, there's no such page on PM website.

Now, all the incoming call goes to voicemail, the greeting message is still the one I set with Rogers. So, seems like the port out is partially done, partially not done. Please help!

@whhjust  That means that the port was not successfull and that you need to contact PM to resubmit the port request. Make sure that the Rogers account remains active otherwise the port will fail again.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.