cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to port number

rcrane86
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. I am a Store Manager at Koodo Mobile in the Avalon Mall. I was advised by the chat team to create a ticket on the forum to help a customer port their number from Koodo Prepaid to their new Public Mobile account. Customers Koodo # is 709-xxx-xxxx and their email is xxxxxxx@xxxxxxx. Thank you

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information.

6 REPLIES 6

Meow
Mayor / Maire

New PM customer can do that by itself.

He/She has to create a PM account, activate SIM and initiate number porting.

If porting is initiated at SIM activation and account creation, OLD sim has to stay in the phone in order to receive SMS from old provider. Message should come within 90 minutes and customer has to answer YES. Porting takes few hours; first SMS will become available; do not panic, calling will become available shortly after (maybe few hours).

I would suggest customer to obtain temporary PM number, confirm everything works! and then initiate porting. Same procedure as above...

IF there is an issue with porting, there is a special phone number to call. It will be provided by somebody from us if needed by private message.

Keep forum members in the loop of porting progress so we can assist further.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rcrane86 

Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if are you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

In order to transfer a phone number over to Public Mobile - you will need to activate an account with a temporary phone number and after that your contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, for the transfer your number to Public Mobile,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rcrane86 wrote:

Hello. I am a Store Manager at Koodo Mobile in the Avalon Mall. I was advised by the chat team to create a ticket on the forum to help a customer port their number from Koodo Prepaid to their new Public Mobile account. Customers Koodo # is 709-xxx-xxxx and their email is mxxxxl@xxx.ca. Thank you

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information.

For a FULL answer from PM see this.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@rcrane86...go to top of this page, click Get Help / Chat with Simon to start the process of CSA assistance.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@rcrane86 

To transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid ,  you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Moderator team using this link here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You should remove any personal information by clicking on the three dots on the top right.

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.