cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to port Telus Mobility (business account)

Jpodetz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey everyone. I was trying to get my husband set up with a public mobile account this evening. Years ago, I set up his account using a corporate discount that I believe is still under my name. The porting request is being rejected and I am unsure why. Of course, there is no one available to speak about this at Telus. 

does anyone have any experience with this?? I was hoping to take advantage of the promotion happening now, but it's looking like we'll likely miss it. I don't know if maybe a different process is required because it was set up as a corporate account?? 

thank you!

8 REPLIES 8

cranbrooked

I actually phoned Telus corporate (34 minutes on hold) and asked that my number (I was the second number on my wife's corporate/work account) be set to allow for it to be ported. They did ask to speak to my wife so as to "confirm" that she was "okay" with this request! After getting off of the phone call, I proceeded to register with PM and activate my SIM card. For me, it was that easy . . . aside from the time waiting for an agent! 😎

@Ioana_R Perhaps thee meant: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437??

BTW: Community has been warned private messages have much lower priority than submitting tickets. Therefore, we now suggest: "click the ? on the lower right of this page".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@annettedavid wrote:

Hi I believe, it might be because Telus and Public Mobile is the same company and they told me they could not port from Public to Telus as well.  As far as I am concerned am not happy with the Publicmobile service since there is no one to talk to.  I am looking for a refund and nobody has gotten back to me regarding the same.  If you are able to call anyone or a Moderator please let me know.

Thanks and hope you arrive at a solution

@annettedavid  Hi I'm not sure what issue you may have or if the community can help with it but if it's something other than a refund we can certainly try. There was some trouble with notifications yesterday maybe that's why no one seemed to answer your post and its always better to start your own thread by posting your own question. That way you will get a better response and dedicated  trouble shooting methods. There is no problem porting numbers from pm to telus o vice versa.  The OP s issue is solely because the phone number was tied to a corporate account so she did not have the authority to release the number only once her company authorized the release  of the number to her then she could then do the same to pm. I do believe the moderator who reached out may actually be reaching out to you as you had reqested in your post. But generally to get in touch with a moderator  you would either send a private message to them (the envelope icon top right) or go thru Simon (?) Bottom right...ask to speak to a human, a couple of times and that will give you the prompt to fill out a ticket request and verify that you are the account holder. Otherwise you would send via the private message name, ph#, email, pin #, and the moderator may ask something else like security question or d.o.b. Do not ever post that on the community forum. As a rule there are no refunds at public mobile it is a prepaid service but they do issue credits on your account for honest mistakes , service issues or missing rewards or things in that genre. I hope you stay for a little longer and use the community to answer your questions. They have helped sort out many different problems for people stuck not being to get in touch with other providers live agents. The last 3 nights they have helped me help friends having issues with porting, unlocking a phone and activating during a flash sale that would have required long phone waits or waiting til the next day to get it sorted out. You have the instructions to reach a moderator now and wait times have been an hour or two for me lately so keep an eye on your private mailbox for the little number indicating a new message....good luck to you whatever your decision.

Ioana_R
Customer Support Agent

Hi there, Jpodetz!

We are here for your help!

Please give us a Private Message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Mobile-Community/ct-p/Public_Mobile_Community 

Cheers 🙂 

annettedavid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I believe, it might be because Telus and Public Mobile is the same company and they told me they could not port from Public to Telus as well.  As far as I am concerned am not happy with the Publicmobile service since there is no one to talk to.  I am looking for a refund and nobody has gotten back to me regarding the same.  If you are able to call anyone or a Moderator please let me know.

Thanks and hope you arrive at a solution

Jpodetz

Thank you! I will call them later today to get it fixed up.

@Jpodetz 

As popping suggested above, you will need to switch from corporate account to personal account to successfully port over.  

If you are interested in this weekend promo, you could start a new PM account with temporary PM number first.  Then you can port over your Telus account later this week once you get the corporate account sorted out. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jpodetz wrote:

Hey everyone. I was trying to get my husband set up with a public mobile account this evening. Years ago, I set up his account using a corporate discount that I believe is still under my name. The porting request is being rejected and I am unsure why. Of course, there is no one available to speak about this at Telus. 

does anyone have any experience with this?? I was hoping to take advantage of the promotion happening now, but it's looking like we'll likely miss it. I don't know if maybe a different process is required because it was set up as a corporate account?? 

thank you!

You need to transfer your Telus corporate number to a personal Telus account first before porting your personal Telus account to PM.  This is because your corporate number is owned by you and your corporation.

Need Help? Let's chat.