cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thom20
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Unable to make or receive calls (but have access to text and mobile internet)

@sheytoon The CSC is G950WOYA8CTI1

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

Re: Unable to make or receive calls (but have access to text and mobile internet)

Seems like a Canadian model, with Rogers firmware. I'm sorry I'm out of ideas.

Thom20

@sheytoon  I appreciate the help anyway!

Still trying to work out downgrading the firmware. The phone seems to be blocking it.

@gpixel4 I'm a little confused by the info from the link you gave from what I understand by the reply on that thread they're saying you can't downgrade software. But I'm sure that's not true.

Also I can't get the OEM unlock option on the phone, this is driving my nuts. That must be what's blocking the firmware. I've tried the "tricks" people have online to reveal the option but they aren't working.

Thom20

@gpixel4  Ah just found this in the xda forums "No US or Canadian model have OEM unlock. There is no bootloader unlock. That's that no way around there is a system only root method if you look up extreme syndicate"

Soo I can't downgrade unless I root the device?

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@Thom20 I guess not, maybe you can sell it on Craigslist and use the money towards an s9. a good condition s8 is still going for $300. you will only have to add $60-100 for an s9. just make sure you are able to make calls etc. when you put your public sim card in

Thom20

@gpixel4 I'm pretty much at that point. I'll sell it with the stipulation that it's for telus customers only.

This phone issue has become a complete mystery to me. But I appreciate the help everyone has put in to troubleshoot it. Sorry we couldn't come up with a solution in the end 😞

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Thom20 wrote:

@gpixel4 I'm pretty much at that point. I'll sell it with the stipulation that it's for telus customers only.

This phone issue has become a complete mystery to me. But I appreciate the help everyone has put in to troubleshoot it. Sorry we couldn't come up with a solution in the end 😞

@Thom20 @gpixel4 That's it? I feel like I have reached the end of the internet lol. Better luck with your next phone!

Thom20

@kb_mv Sad I know, but I've kind of run out of options. Contacting samsung didn't yield any results. The PM mods put in a second unlock request. Apparently the phones hardware is working just fine according to repair shops. We've checked countless software inquires and everything seems to check out.

I'm going with the thought that this S8 is cursed. Thanks again for all the support.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Thom20 

Did the mods ever open a ticket and refer your issue to tech support? Was it all pm sims not working in your phone or just your sim card? I was just reading another thread with an intermittent issue that required tech support to find the issue on pm's end.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Randomly-not-receiving-incoming-ca...

Need Help? Let's chat.