cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thom20
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Unable to make or receive calls (but have access to text and mobile internet)

@Nezgar  Those reading were using the PM SIM card.

I'm having trouble getting the ZTE to use the 3G network.

It only has GMS/WCDMA/LTE auto, GMS/WCDMA auto, and WCDMA only as options and radio switcher is incompatible with the phone.

Even using WCDMA only it's still connecting to 4G and not showing any of the frequencies on cellmapper.

Thom20

Re: Unable to make or receive calls (but have access to text and mobile internet)

Just a little update, I tried the sim on an old HTC M8 calls work and such. I can't get cellmapper to reveal the 3G info on this phone either. Could it be due to the age of the ZTE and HTC phones? Compatibility with the app? Or maybe I just need to change the settings to something else in cellmapper?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Thom20 

I'm hoping @sheytoon can brainstorm and help decipher the numbers for you and @Nezgar .

Thom20

So I got a disappointing response from the Mods. After escalating the ticket their higher up people determined that there aren't any problems... I have no idea what they were trying but whatever it was didn't do anything. So we're back to square one.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Or this one

But to what end?

Thom20

@darlicious  I haven't, but I'm not planning on doing a tear down of the phone to figure out the problem 😛 I feel like we've been pretty thorough so far. It's just a very uncommon issue I guess.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Did you drop your phone at some point? My mom dropped her Galaxy S10 and it wont make calls anymore. I ordered her  new phone and it works fine, just swapped sim cards. You may just have an issue with your phone. 

🤷‍♀️

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Thom20 

I'm a visual person so knowing the anatomy of the phone and being able to visualize where the components are for calling may trigger a hypothesis to the problem. We are all grasping at straws. I was hoping @sheytoon would weigh in but he doesn't seem to be around.

Thom20

@Naepalm Nope, I haven't dropped the phone. It's pretty much pristine, no reason for me to take it out since I can't make calls with it 😛

Also I gotta remind that it DOES work with telus sims for some reason 😕

Need Help? Let's chat.