cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thom20
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Unable to make or receive calls (but have access to text and mobile internet)

Hey I just signed up to PM a couple days ago. Like the Subject says I can't make or receive calls.

I'm using a galaxy s8.

The phone is detecting Public Mobile as the carrier on the top left. It's telling me I have full bars for the service. 

I can make and receive texts. And I can use mobile internet just fine.

For calling when I try to call it'll hang on "calling" for about 10 seconds and then just close the call. When receiving calls it'll let me pick it up but then instantly hang up the second I answer.

I've tried doing the standard reboots after inserting the sim and trying the different connection types for the mobile network.

Any help getting this working would be greatly appreciated!

Tags (2)
JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Re: Unable to make or receive calls (but have access to text and mobile internet)

@Thom20 

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the question mark ? in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Thom20

Re: Unable to make or receive calls (but have access to text and mobile internet)

Thanks Joy! I'll try to contact them.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Thom20 It sounds like you are porting or bringing you old number in. A stuck port is likely, unless you are coming from a landline or VOIP which can take up to 7 days. As indicated by @JoyLuck , the moderators can help sort you out.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Thom20 

It seems like it did not properly go through. In any case, you will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info.

you will be asked for 1) Your account number and 2) Your PIN number

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@Thom20 check to see if "call barring" is enabled

• open your dialer app
  • tap on the three dots in the upper right corner
  • tap settings>more settings>call barring>voice call
  • make sure they are all disabled
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Helpershelper 

The moderators do not ask you for your account #. This would be a red flag for me. If you are porting a number in then they require the account # of your previous provider, the phone number to be ported in from that account and the name on the account.

If it's for pm account verification then you should supply the moderators with the full name and address on the account, email, phone # and pin#. If you cannot remember the pin # then supplying other (3 minimum) identifiers from your account are in order such as your d.o.b. or alternate ph # (if any.)

Thom20

Hey Gpixel4, I've tried that method as well. It didn't fix it.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Thom20 

Have you tried using the pm sim card in another phone? If you still dont have calling then your sim did not provision correctly. Only the moderators can fix this.....but you could try suspending your service using lost stolen in your account. Log out. Wait 1 min. Log in . Resume service by reporting it found. Log out. Reboot phone. If it doesnt work you'll have to wait for a moderator.

Thom20

@darlicious 
It does work on a different phone.
It's the strangest thing. I can call my wifes phone and it'll ring but when she picks up it'll instantly disconnect the call. Same thing happens in reverse when she calls me, I'll see it coming in but when I pick up it ends the call.
And I'm sure it's a different type of connection but I do still have full access to texts and mobile internet. It's just the calls that are having problems.

Need Help? Let's chat.