cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login - get referral code

amc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm not new to PM but this is my first post. I first SIM purchased in 2018  with another for my step kid a few months ago. Just purchased another for my other kid and I can't log in in spite of having an active account. 

"ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled" 

Checked my emails and texts from public mobile and there are no referral codes I can find. Could a moderator help me out with resetting my account?

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amc 

@kselmak is exactly right on. I got the new referral code in a text from 5131 last July 24th.

Maybe you still have it if you haven't changed phones. Or even stored in the phone you were using then.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@amc make sure you are trying to login with the correct email.

If you get that message again, check whether you might be trying to login using the email of an expired account.

Each phone number has it's own account. An already used email address cannot be reused for another account (unless you ask moderators for help).

And for the referral to be successful, the referring account must be active.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@amc wrote:

I'm not new to PM but this is my first post. I first SIM purchased in 2018  with another for my step kid a few months ago. Just purchased another for my other kid and I can't log in in spite of having an active account. 

Checked my emails and texts from public mobile and there are no referral codes I can find. Could a moderator help me out with resetting my account?

@amc None of the original emails will have a referral code; back then your phone number was your referral code. If by chance you activated at a kiosk, try using this link to create your account and find your referral code: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/.

If you do not want to wait, go ahead and activate the new account (remember it must have an email address different from the other two; though everything else can be the same). Once you regain access to your account and obtain your referral code, submit a ticket from your "other kid's" new Community account and say you were unable to add the referral code during activation. A moderator should be able to add it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@amc 

While you are waiting for moderators to reply, if you didn't change or factory reset your phone you should have the sms with your referral code. When they switched to referral codes they sent people sms, search your messages for the word'referral' see if you get anything.

Are you sure you are using the right email.

Try also to locate your receipts when you signed up with public mobile in 2018, they sent probably the only email related to your selfserve account. 

If you signed up in the store then it's possible that it was never created, try clicking the link to register for selfserve

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@amc wrote:

Referral code is on your overview page after login to your account.

If you got this error when you login to your 2018 account, is your phone for your 2018 account still working?

Check your autopay cc statement.  When is last time that you pay for your 2018 account?

You can also check your incoming text message sent by 611 about your plan was successfully renewed.

Rusty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey bud,

you probably locked yourself out from that error message.

Give it like 30 - 60 mins and try again. I would use a private browsing session.

open your browser and do CTRL+Shift+P

then go to their website, do a forgot pass, and reset it and login. That should solve it.

using a private browsing session is recommended for password resets. Remember that folks! this way no auto-fill crap gets in the way and borks your attempts.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@amc hi what message do you get when you try and sign in? if you have an active account you should be able to reset your pass word try wiping your cache reboot your computer and try in ingognito mode 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@amc normally when you get that particular message, it's been over 90 days and your account is closed. And you have to start over with a new email and SIM. Stay safe. 

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@amc please click the question mark on bottom right corner speak with a moderator, they will be able to provide information need.All the best.

Need Help? Let's chat.