cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log into account

keevinst
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am new to Public Mobile and was going thru the process of activating my sim card.  The process went smoothly until the very end of the process when the system was verifying everything and I got an "Error:840".  In spite of getting this error the sim card activation worked as my phone is working after installing the sim card.  However, I can't log into the newly created account.  I tried resetting the password but that did not work as I never received an email.  Also, I have not received any kind of welcome email which makes me believe that somehow the email associated with the account is not what I think it is (I am very confident in the email I entered during activation).  Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

@keevinst 

Glad everything worked out for you and welcome to PM and save on your cell phone bill.

keevinst

Just thought I would provide and update to let people know that my issue was resolved and the details for anyone that may experience something similar in the future. 

Problem:

Although the sim card activation process worked for activating my sim card I was not able to access my self service account after.  I had gotten an "Error:840" right at the end of the activation process.

Solution:
The moderator indicated that the issue was that the Self-Serve profile did not get created and this is why I was not able to log in and this more than likely was the reason for the 840 error message.  The following is the suggested fix from the Moderator Team that fixed my problem.

You can set the Self-Serve on this link: https://bit.ly/2R4wkDp Enter your phone, then the verification code and create a password. After that you will have access to your account.

One additional observation I have is that I got a quicker response once I created a ticket as opposed to sending a private message to the Moderator team.

I also would like to say that, although I would have preferred not having the issue at all, I was very happy with the support I received both from the Community as a whole and the Moderator Team.

Thanks.

[Highlight by Luddite]

keevinst

@HALIMACS, thanks for the suggestion I hadn't thought to look in the spam folder.   Unfortunately there were no relevant emails in there, but suggestion is still appreciated.

keevinst

As you suggested I have sent a private message to the moderator team.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, it is greatly appreciated.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@keevinst 

Check your SPAM folder on your e-mail account.

It may very well have met your e-mail account's criteria to have relegated to that area...

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@keevinst 

You can contact a PM moderator by clicking on the SIMon chat and ask to contact a moderator to send you an email to have your password reset. Or as per link as @will13am have indicated.

You will need will your PIN # for the moderator to send you a reset email.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@keevinst , normally, to get assistance with your online account, you click on the chat symbol on the lower right corner and initiate a support ticket.  Since your account creation appears to be in limbo, you might need to private message moderator team support directly using the following link.  Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.