cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get data working on lg g4

aataulla
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Have a koodo branded but network unlocked lg g4 on which I can't get data to work. Ported number from koodo and lte was working wonderfully on koodos system. Now for some reason or the other even after several hours of apn setting changes, restarts no data.... Voice and text work beautifully.

Data works on a different phone so I'm not sure where to go with this g4?

Any suggestions?
33 REPLIES 33

@aataulla if phone worked on Koodo it will work on Public no issues

1- If you just activated (sounds from first post like you did) sometimes it can take a bit before number port from Koodo is completed fully. Wait a bit then try rebooting phone

2- Check the APN settings are correct 

aataulla
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Data services are enabled on the sim. Data worked when I tested the sim on another phone. The g4 is what is basically giving me trouble in regards to data. Voice and sms are working well on this g4.

I'll try a factory reset tomorrow but wanted to check if a g4 that was previously on koodo could be causing trouble in mobile data network registration....?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Since your other services are functioning the odds are it is a phone issue; though it's conceivable the activation failed to initiate data services. Therefore we will notify the moderators to review your account in the morning. @Shazia_K @Mary_M.

Meanwhile here is my long checklist you can run through though I'm sure you tried some already. If your service starts up please let us know and the moderators won't need to intervene. 

- cellular data on

- data not used up; in your case log into your self serve account and ensure data has been included in your plan

- APN settings correct; you've checked but here's the link APN

- toggle airplane mode off/on

- reset all network settings; you will need to add back wifi passwords after that.

- remove any VPNs you've added

- remove sim for 5 minutes, then install and reboot

- try sim in another phone and a good sim in your phone

- is it all apps that use data or just the browser not connecting

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.