cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to complete activation

tyfighter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just tried to activate my sim card and I got towards the end where I selected to transfer my current number and entered all the pertinent information.  I click next and then I got a 404 page.  I didn't get any email confirmation that the process went through. I tried to activate again but it didn't like the sim# now.  So what's the next step here?  Is that sim card useless?

TIA

14 REPLIES 14

you have reply YES to the text?

If so, you can now swap the SIM.. in the beginning , you might be only be able to make outgoing call/text and not receiving incoming, as the porting is still underway

Keep reboot your phone every 30 mins.  Porting usually completed within 2 hours, but lately, people has been waiting as much as 4 hours. 

Welcome to PM!!

tyfighter

I was able to successfully complete the activation and have received a text to confirm the porting.  Do I just swap out the sim card now?

tyfighter

Hi, yes it's unlock.. was using Rogers before on the same phone so should be good to go!

@tyfighter wrote:

That's good to know.  Thanks!

@tyfighter hello you should make sure your phone is unlocked if its more than a few years old 😁

tyfighter

That's good to know.  Thanks!

@tyfighter wrote:

Thanks.  I didn't get to the payment section.. I think that was the next page when it crashed.

if you have not get to the payment section, then, it's easier.  Just want for an hour and re-try.   If it ever crash again during activation, do not re-try until you confirm that the credit card wasn't charged.

Sometime it crashes after credit card info entered and you will notice credit card was charged.    In that case the the account was setup, and you don't need to do anything other than wait for the port to complete  

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tyfighter wrote:

Thanks.  I didn't get to the payment section.. I think that was the next page when it crashed.

remember to keep bell plan active until port is complete and also it is very important to keep bell sim in phone to receive port request confirmation from bell which you need to confirm good luck

tyfighter

TheGx

@tyfighter :Ok, hopefully everything go smooth this time. Let everyone here know how it goes, when it all set up remember to mark this thread solved too.

candersonic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the exact same issue yesterday. If you did not receive an activation email at the address you entered, and your credit card doesn't show the charge pending, you can start the process again. I did that yesterday and it allowed me to use the same sim card no problem. 

tyfighter

Ok, thanks. I will try again and hopefully have better success.

TheGx

@tyfighter :Yeah as gunner saying above just try again water an hour or so, your SIM not useless and will be good until it gets actually activated - that means when you get to the confirmation page or activated.

Because you were in middle of activation process when webpage crashed, the system still had your SIM card number on hold, but after an hour the system will release your SIM card number again.

tyfighter

It was bell number that I was trying to port over.

Gunner123

@tyfighter wrote:

I just tried to activate my sim card and I got towards the end where I selected to transfer my current number and entered all the pertinent information.  I click next and then I got a 404 page.  I didn't get any email confirmation that the process went through. I tried to activate again but it didn't like the sim# now.  So what's the next step here?  Is that sim card useless?

TIA

hi you will need to wait an hour for reset and try again was it a koodo or telus number you are trying to port?

Need Help? Let's chat.