cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Unable to call in the U.S.

Hello,

 

I'm a new subscriber, and have the 200 min US and Canada Long Distance add-on. However I am unable to make calls from the U.S. It tells me that "talk is not included in my plan." Please resolve this issue as quickly as possible. We're on vacation in the U.S., and due to my wife's medical condition we need to know she can reach me at anytime. This is very disappointing.

Thank you.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Unable to call in the U.S.


@lugaaru wrote:

Hello,

 

I'm a new subscriber, and have the 200 min US and Canada Long Distance add-on. However I am unable to make calls from the U.S. It tells me that "talk is not included in my plan." Please resolve this issue as quickly as possible. We're on vacation in the U.S., and due to my wife's medical condition we need to know she can reach me at anytime. This is very disappointing.

Thank you.


@lugaaru  That addon is only valid when you are in Canada. If you are in the US you need to purchase a US roaming add-on to be able to call anywhere in Canada and the US while you are in the US.

 

More info can be found here.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Unable to call in the U.S.

When I went to purchase the plan, I specifically told the gentleman that I wanted the $8 US talk only add-on as I explained to him we were heading to the US. I do not need the 200 long distance minutes to Canada and the US. Is there anyway this can be resolved?

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Unable to call in the U.S.


@lugaaru wrote:

When I went to purchase the plan, I specifically told the gentleman that I wanted the $8 US talk only add-on as I explained to him we were heading to the US. I do not need the 200 long distance minutes to Canada and the US. Is there anyway this can be resolved?


@lugaaru  Your only option is to contact Public Mobile by clicking here. Explain what happened.  

The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

 

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

 

 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Unable to call in the U.S.


@geopublic wrote:

@lugaaru wrote:

Hello,

 

I'm a new subscriber, and have the 200 min US and Canada Long Distance add-on. However I am unable to make calls from the U.S. It tells me that "talk is not included in my plan." Please resolve this issue as quickly as possible. We're on vacation in the U.S., and due to my wife's medical condition we need to know she can reach me at anytime. This is very disappointing.

Thank you.


@lugaaru  That addon is only valid when you are in Canada. If you are in the US you need to purchase a US roaming add-on to be able to call anywhere in Canada and the US while you are in the US.

 

More info can be found here.


Does it mean if I want call my friend in US or call to Canada when I'm in US, I have to add on US roaming for instance U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle for $20 ?

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Unable to call in the U.S.

add on normally purchased through self service account, you mentioned you told the store to add that add on when you active the account. That is too bad that they purchase the wrong one. Since you need the US add on right away, you can try to log in the self service account to purchase US roming, at the meantime, you can send private message to MOD, and explain your case to them, they may issue a refund to your account, not cash refund, they will get back to you up to 48 hours.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Unable to call in the U.S.


@hycm53 wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@lugaaru wrote:

Hello,

 

I'm a new subscriber, and have the 200 min US and Canada Long Distance add-on. However I am unable to make calls from the U.S. It tells me that "talk is not included in my plan." Please resolve this issue as quickly as possible. We're on vacation in the U.S., and due to my wife's medical condition we need to know she can reach me at anytime. This is very disappointing.

Thank you.


@lugaaru  That addon is only valid when you are in Canada. If you are in the US you need to purchase a US roaming add-on to be able to call anywhere in Canada and the US while you are in the US.

 

More info can be found here.


Does it mean if I want call my friend in US or call to Canada when I'm in US, I have to add on US roaming for instance U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle for $20 ?


If you are IN USA and want to call a US or CDN number, you need a 10 day US Roaming Add-on which starts at $8 for talk only, $8 for text only or $15 for a talk/text bundle. You can also get a data/talk/text bundle...look at the US Roaming Add-on for detail.

If you are IN CANADA and want to talk to a US number, PM has an 200 minute Add-on for that too. That plan doesn't expire until you use them up. You can use this plan to call the rest of Canada as well if you only have a province wide plan.

You can even buy an 400 minute Add-on to call a limited number of International counties, while you're IN CANADA.Again,, it doesn't expire until you use it all.

 

Look threw the Add-on menu for detail.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Unable to call in the U.S.


@hycm53 wrote:


Does it mean if I want call my friend in US or call to Canada when I'm in US, I have to add on US roaming for instance U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle for $20 ?


 

@hycm53 Sort of, though if you only want to call your friend while you're in the USA, you only need the US Roaming Talk add-on, at a cost of $8. If you do want to be able to text as well, your best bet is the $15 US Roaming Talk & Text bundle.  The extra $5 for the bundle you mentioned gets you talk, text, and 250mb of data if you'd also like a little data connectivity.

 


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.