cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate

cwatts2020
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Okay so I have gotten to step 5 of the online activation but can't get any farther.

At no point have I received a confirmation email.

The payment method I wish to use is a voucher but I don't have one yet.

Can I not set up the account prior to entering a voucher?

Can I purchase a voucher (interact or paypal) without going to a physical store?

Thanks

24 REPLIES 24

cwatts2020

Good idea, as I don't have a credit card I will have to buy vouchers or use ding to reload

@cwatts2020  PM only accepts visa debit. If you have one, you can use it to activate. When entering your debit/ credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

cwatts2020

I don;t have visa.  Can't attach debit until account is activated.  I have used payal to buy a voucher for a 3rd party for a number I can no longer select to activate.  This is so infuriating.

@cwatts2020  After your payment, the code will be sent immediately to your email address. Please check your spam folder if you do not receive your code immediately.

cwatts2020

That didn't work.

I bought a vouncher for a auto generated number but because I had to go through the activation again that number is no longer selectable.  I fail to see how I put in that number in the set-up.  So now I have a $20 voucher attached to a number I can't select to activate.

cwatts2020

Okay so I processed a $20 voucher using ding attached to a 289 number generated by the sign on. I then redid the activation and the number I bough the $20 voucher for is no longer available.

What do I do now?

How do I put the number in manually for the voucher I just bought?

@cwatts2020 wrote:

I'm sure I can purchase one but none of the 3 online options suggested here seem to work without abandoning the activation and starting over.  Perhaps I should just go to a store and buy a voucher

Do you have a valid credit card or Visa debit that you could use to make a 1 time payment to get you started...then use vouchers for subsequent payments.

Best to leave a cc or debit on file anyhow...even if you don't use it, you'll get the autopay reward of $2 per renewal.

@cwatts2020 wrote:

I'm sure I can purchase one but none of the 3 online options suggested here seem to work without abandoning the activation and starting over.  Perhaps I should just go to a store and buy a voucher

If you have a London Drugs nearby, you can buy a sim card there and they can assist you with the activation.

Buy more than one voucher if you are not using a cc to pay. It will save you extra trips to the retailer during this time of social distancing.

@cwatts2020 wrote:

@cwatts2020  Open multiple browser windows.

@cwatts2020 wrote:

Okay now i'm stumped again. both Xoom and Ding require you to enter a phone number to do a reload.  I dodn't have a number because I can't activate the phone without a voucher.  Is there a viable online option or do I have to get a voucher at a store?

@cwatts2020  Just pick a temp number from the PM available number screen. You will receive the voucher via email anyway so you will be able to use the voucher PIN  during activation.

cwatts2020

cwatts2020

I can pick a number that that was at step 2, the browser says I can't work backwards.  Do I have to start the whole process over again?  This isn't very straight forward

@cwatts2020 wrote:

Okay now i'm stumped again. both Xoom and Ding require you to enter a phone number to do a reload.  I dodn't have a number because I can't activate the phone without a voucher.  Is there a viable online option or do I have to get a voucher at a store?

Do you have any friends/family member out and about right now that can purchase voucher for you and give you the pin?

cwatts2020

@cwatts2020 wrote:

ding requires you to add a phone number, but because I can't complete the public mobile activation I don't have a number.

Ah yes, they all require to enter a phone number. Can you pick a temporary number during activation and use that?

cwatts2020

ding requires you to add a phone number, but because I can't complete the public mobile activation I don't have a number.

@cwatts2020  👍 Don't forget to use a referral code to get $10 off during activation. If you don't have check your private messages. (You should have a ton by now 😀)

cwatts2020

thanks

I tried recharge but it fails to accept paypal, unsure what the glitch is so I'm going to now try ding.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@cwatts2020 wrote:

Okay so I have gotten to step 5 of the online activation but can't get any farther.

@cwatts2020  No, you will need the voucher

Can I purchase a voucher (interact or paypal) without going to a physical store?

Yes, you can use one of the following:

1. Xoom
  2. Recharge
  3. Ding

Thanks

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@cwatts2020 wrote:

Thanks

@cwatts2020   Vouchers are available from recharge.com and ding.com online, but there would be an extra fee charged on top of the voucher value.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@cwatts2020 wrote:

Thanks

Vouchers are available at these stores:

vouchers.jpg

cwatts2020

Okay so my 2nd part of the question.  Can I purchase vouchers online?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@cwatts2020  hi  sorry you need to pay in order to complete the process https://www.ding.com/ says they are waiving service fees for vouchers to help out.

Need Help? Let's chat.