cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate account

ttchuah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. I'm trying to port my number from Koodo to Public Mobile.

I am unable to activate my Public Mobile SIM card.

On the Payment step, when I click the "Activate SIM Card" button, the activation process begins but then I encounter this message.

===

Oops! Looks like something went wrong when activating your account.

Please start a conversation with our virtual assistant to create a troubleshooting ticket, and the next available Public Mobile Moderator can assist you in your activation via private messaging.

Note that you will need to create a Public Mobile Community Account to submit a ticket

For more information about Public Mobile support and how it works, click here

Error Code: 821

===

I did try to submit a ticket. However the "create a ticket" screen asks me to enter my Public Mobile account details (including account #) but I don't have an account at this point. So I cannot submit a ticket.

Can I get some help activating my SIM? Thanks!

- Thomas

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ttchuah wrote:

Hello. I'm trying to port my number from Koodo to Public Mobile.

I am unable to activate my Public Mobile SIM card.

On the Payment step, when I click the "Activate SIM Card" button, the activation process begins but then I encounter this message.

===

Oops! Looks like something went wrong when activating your account.

Please start a conversation with our virtual assistant to create a troubleshooting ticket, and the next available Public Mobile Moderator can assist you in your activation via private messaging.

Note that you will need to create a Public Mobile Community Account to submit a ticket

For more information about Public Mobile support and how it works, click here

Error Code: 821

===

I did try to submit a ticket. However the "create a ticket" screen asks me to enter my Public Mobile account details (including account #) but I don't have an account at this point. So I cannot submit a ticket.

Can I get some help activating my SIM? Thanks!

- Thomas

@ttchuah 

Was your credit card charged?

If so, insert your SIM and see if you have any services.

If you were not charged, try activating again through a tab in incognito mode.

NOTE BELOW:

If your switching from Koodo postpaid your can port-in your number during sim activation. Just have your Koodo account number, name on the Koodo account and Koodo number ready and enter it when choosing your number.

If it's Koodo prepaid then you need to click this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. Include the Koodo info above.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Contact a moderator.  Either click on the bubble on the bottom right corner or send a private message.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

check if PM charged your credit card first.  Sometimes it activated but didn't return the proper result.   Also put the PM SIM in the phone and see if it works.

if you are certain that PM didn't charge you,  you might want to re try the activation as suggested by @BKNS27 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ttchuah 

i suggest you can try it for a different Browser
and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and use a Browser from your computer,

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

and Restart your computer, is will help.

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about a 1 minute and put it back on,

just make sure your credit card number and your address match the same,

sometime your typing but is a one word or letter or number is a wrong or is missing just make sure for it.

and Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your phone. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if are you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

In order to transfer a phone number over to Public Mobile - you will need to activate an account with a temporary phone number and after that your contact customer service by Moderator Team, for the transfer your number to Public Mobile,

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

can you Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ttchuah 

Try clearing your cache and go I on incognito when you activate your SIM.

You have a limited tries or you get locked out and wait about an hour to try again.

Also remember to leave your old Koodo SIM in the phone and wait for a SMS text from Koodo that you are porting over to PM. Click YES that you are porting over to PM. You have 90 minute window to reply.

You can message a moderator by clicking on the envelope icon on the top right corner on this Community page.

Need Help? Let's chat.