cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access account from Day 1

kbanozic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

From the day I registered with Public Mobile I have not been able to access my account. I had a friend who works at a phone store register for me and don’t remember ever creating an account or security questions yet my email is registered when I try logging in yet I don’t know the password? I’ve tried clicking forgot password but I always get the security answer wrong. That friend who works at the phone store also doesn’t know what to do. Please help… this is becoming incredibly frustrating. I literally have to purchase top ups for my plan at the gas station. Not only that but my phone is constantly at only 1 or 2 bars. What’s up with that??

13 REPLIES 13

@barrascuk 

Lol...not everyone offers the extra customer service benefits that come with my referral code!😃

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious So much for the "friend". Did the friend give a free SIM and who took the referral code??

@barrascuk @Yummy 

I agree…it is the process not the product.

You can sell the car (product) but leave out selling the insurance (process) for the car before you drive out of the lot?

LoL

@barrascuk 

I agree…it is the process not the product.

You can sell the car (product) but leave out selling the insurance (process) for the car before you drive out of the lot?

LoL

@barrascuk 

Funny because I assumed the friend set up the self serve account in store as I have had happen the last time I activated a referral's account at London Drugs. They insisted on getting me to finish its creation so that they knew everything was working correctly before leaving.

barrascuk

@Yummy wrote:

@BKNS27 wrote:

@kbanozic 

I am surprised your friend who works at the phone store doesn’t know about the second step to complete your activation as noted by @barrascuk.

Do you expect car dealer to know everything about car they sell? To be true enthusiast and discuss features, performance, pro and cons of particular model?

That day has to come, but it is not here yet...

ha ha. Not sure if that is good comparison. Used cars sales = liar for sure. 

@BKNS27 wrote:

@kbanozic 

I am surprised your friend who works at the phone store doesn’t know about the second step to complete your activation as noted by @barrascuk.

Do you expect car dealer to know everything about car they sell? To be true enthusiast and discuss features, performance, pro and cons of particular model?

That day has to come, but it is not here yet...

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@kbanozic 

barrascuk

@kbanozic wrote:

Hi,

From the day I registered with Public Mobile I have not been able to access my account. I had a friend who works at a phone store register for me and don’t remember ever creating an account or security questions yet my email is registered when I try logging in yet I don’t know the password? I’ve tried clicking forgot password but I always get the security answer wrong. That friend who works at the phone store also doesn’t know what to do. Please help… this is becoming incredibly frustrating. I literally have to purchase top ups for my plan at the gas station. Not only that but my phone is constantly at only 1 or 2 bars. What’s up with that??

Since a telephone store set you up, you need to do the second step to complete your account. It is the one to the right and you need to put in your phone number. 

0A2C2569-4CED-40A4-85CF-FC6EB3CBE908.jpeg

@kbanozic 

To get a password reset you will be asked some verifying questions so enter into the search bar of your email public mobile. Look for your welcome email. Embedded in the "To:" you part you will find.your account # 1000000XXXXXXX. Next look thru your text messages from 611 to find your 4 digit account pin #. Once you find it make a note of the date it will be your activation date.

Now you have all of the most important details of your account. The basic verifiers are as follows :

1. Full name and address on your account.
  2. E-mail, phone # and pin #.

There are other additional questions they may ask which you should already know like your last payment, type, amount and date and your date of birth. 

Keep an eye of your private message box for a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kbanozic : Did you click on My Account upper right and then Create account mid-right? Activating in store usually requires creating that account afterwards.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check to see if you received a welcoming email.

If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

hi @kbanozic   if that is the case, you will have to contact mod and have them to reset the password for you.

(After you open a ticket with mod, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Mod will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click on "Contact Us", click on "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket" then Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

for your phone issue with 1 or 2 bars.  What kind of phone is that?  please provide the brand and model.  

And.. although it is 1 or 2 bars.. how is the call quality and data speed?  Sometimes, bars might not mean much if the voice quality is still good.  you have any trouble with voice calls or data /browsing?

Need Help? Let's chat.