cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Activate/Register

Grant123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, 

I am wondering if someone would be able to help me figure out how to successfully register. I have been trying all day and keep getting generic errors. I have tried different browsers and restarting my pc. Now when i type in my sim card number, it is saying it is invalid (I typed it correctly)

Needless to say I am pretty frustrated at this point. Not a nice way to start. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

navcoke
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For dual Sim Card phones follow these 

[1] Check both First and Second IMEI Numbers for the device are approved.

[2] Don't swap the sims while you activate the SIM.

[3] There is a 50 minute session lock, which I happen to face when I just hit the previous button on step 3 after entering the basic details and before I selected the new number or an existing number porting screen.

[4] Retry after 1 hr as I suggest you should be good to go.

[5] Once activation process is complete, insert your sim in designated slot and restart your phone.

[6] Goto network settings and select Telus as Service Provider.

You are all set to go now.

Oana_S
Customer Support Agent

Hello @danwil & @computergeek,

The link to follow for compatibility to Public Mobile is the following: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/My-phone-s-compatibility-check/m-p/18... .

Please let me know how that works out.

Regards,

Oana

I just wanted to add that yes, devicecheck.ca will check if a phone is on the national blacklist, but this site will not tell someone if a phone is compatible with Public Mobile.  

Oana_S
Customer Support Agent

Hey @Danwill,

Please try to check if the phone is compatible with the network here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/ and if this does not work, please send me the IMEI serial number of the phone. 

Best,

Oana

danwil
i have a new second sim in my phone. when i clicked the activate button i waited 20 minutes and nothin happened.  in addition to not activating, just having the second sim in my phone makes my phone keep saying "public mobile - no service" on my lock screen although in settings i currently have cellular data, calls, and sms messages all set to my primary sim that has been in my phone over 2 years now, and, calls and sms all works fine. Im trying to get the new sim actvated with a bunch of 3g data and have my phone use the new sim for celluler data only. i have recently suffered a stroke and im typing his whole message with one hand which is tedious. please help me activate my new sim and please help me get rid of the bogus 'no service' message. another note: when i have the second non-actvated sim in my phone disabled, i get the bogus "no service" message as mentioned earlier. when i enable the new non-activated sim in my phone settings, the bogus message on my lock screen changes to 'emergency calls only" but again calls and sms work just fine using my original primary sim.

Hello @danwil 

Yes it's hard to navigate first..but you will be ok in few days.. to post a new question here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/getting_started

And write your title and message with details of your problem or question...

The second question  and i cant get a second sim to activate. how should i proceed.

I don't understand what you mean...do you need to buy a second sim card or do you have trouble to activate a second card or do you want to have 2 sim card on a same account (and that's not possible....)??

danwil

so, i cany find where to ask a question, and i cant get a second sim to activate. how should i proceed. you community forum is very hard to navigate. i find it quite ridiculous . 

Thanks to let us know @Grant123. And welcome to public mobile.

Grant123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the help everyone,

It seems like switching browsers, using incognito mode and waiting overnight solved the issue.

Overall mildly frustrating, but quick advice from the community and mods was appreciated.

Seems like a recurring problem for new people, hopefully it gets sorted out over time.

Doonerz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Alex888 wrote:
First, wait about an hour after your last attempt, you can only try to register a SIM a certain number of times in a row. Then try clearing your browser cache and using Chrome in incognito mode.

This was my solution when I had issues with activation (waiting one hour after last attempt). Sometimes the process takes many attempts (in my case about 6). After waiting an hour it finally went through.

Incognito mode is a common suggestion. Don't give up hope - the activation process is sometimes a tricky one - but I've used it a few times with eventual success. And of course, when all else fails, contacting a mod is the case.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
First, wait about an hour after your last attempt, you can only try to register a SIM a certain number of times in a row. Then try clearing your browser cache and using Chrome in incognito mode.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry for your bad start...Did you try in incognito mode too @Grant123 ? It looks like your sim is already registered...you will need help from the moderator to activate your account...here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

and give them details of your problem.

Need Help? Let's chat.