cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Umidigi A9 Pro android 11

Laps40
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Purchased June 2021. Device saved voice mail and sms to sim card. Keep on getting error message that sim card is full. Can't display sms messages. Can't find setting to reset voicemail and sms to phone not sim card. Anyone else encounter this or can offer fix? I have a identical twin phone that was set up in factory that saves voice mail and sms to phone but runs on Android 10. Is android 11 the problem?

8 REPLIES 8

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Laps40 

You are not alone.  Someone with an Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom has the same problem as your A9 Pro.  No solution yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidQuestions/comments/6vv7xe/voicemail_being_saved_to_sim_card/

Laps40

I am grateful for your help thus far. I own 4 phones all are under 1 year old. There is no need for me to do the reset this moment. I worked IT in Toronto for 35  years in mainframe and HP boxes and therefore this little inconvenience is a challenge. I want to get to the root of it. Plus I found out how to delete all the voice mail and sms on the sim card manually so this device is useable. Salute to your offer to help. I absolutely appreciate it. Keep up your wonderful good work.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Laps40 

I did a Google search and found that Android 11 comes with a (visual??)voicemail app.  I am still using my UMIDIGI A5 Pro with Android 9.  I cannot help you on that.  Look for a voicemail app on your phone and check the app settings.  Good luck.

@Laps40  would you be willing to do a factory reset and have just the basic app there (do not run phone transfer or sync app data back from Cloud).. and see if it is still trying to save to SIM  ?

Laps40

Thanks. You are right. I try to figure out which app is saving my sms and voice mail to sim card. I , for sure, did not initiate any actions to manually save them to sim because my internal memory is 128G. My challenge now is how to find out which app is doing it. May be it is a system or phone issue. I have a twin phone, one month older, which is not doing this.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Laps40 , I believe the Umidigi phone app is the aosp app.  There is no feature to save voicemails to the SIM card.  Are you sure it is not some other app that is doing this which can be stopped?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Laps40   can you do this..

1. Go to contact App

2. Click on the 3 dots or 3 lines

3. Look for Manage contacts option

4. Look for Default Storage location

5 select the one you want.. Phone.

**after doing so, you might also want to manually move each contact currently on SIM back to the phone or use the sync or copy features to move them all to the phone.

For "voicemail", not sure if you really meant voicemail or voice recording.  I know some phone might have a dedicate voicemail app.  Either way, the steps are similar, use open the app and look for settings.   

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Laps40 wrote:

Purchased June 2021. Device saved voice mail and sms to sim card. Keep on getting error message that sim card is full. Can't display sms messages. Can't find setting to reset voicemail and sms to phone not sim card. Anyone else encounter this or can offer fix? I have a identical twin phone that was set up in factory that saves voice mail and sms to phone but runs on Android 10. Is android 11 the problem?

Hello @Laps40 

Perform a Reset of the device's Network Setting.

Also try:

1. Switch off your mobile.
  2. Remove your mobile battery and SIM card.
  3. Press your power button for 10 seconds.
  4. Replace your battery and SIM card.
  5. Switch on your mobile.
Need Help? Let's chat.