cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Umidigi A70 phone not working...

sillylobster
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I have a Umidigi A70 phone.  It's connected to PM, however I keep on getting dropped calls and texts, and very poor service.

I read somewhere to manually put in the VPN number for PM in the phones settings.  Where do I find those numbers? I am connected to the network, and my sim card is inserted, and sometimes I can get a signal, but most times I cannot.  With my older android phone, I didn't have this bad of an issue.

I am ready to throw this phone away, it giving me that many problems with connectivity for sure.  A lot of dropped calls and texts.  I know my service isn't the greatest here, but I am sure that it is not the issue, it's the phone itself.

Any help would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

@will13am wrote:

@sillylobster , umidigi has a bit of reputation for poor quality.  It's quite possible you have a defective phone. 

There's no need to use a VPN.  Using one will not improve the quality of the network connection.

I agree that a VPN usually won't improve anything, and will sometimes slow things down because of the way that many of the free ones are using less than ideal servers.  A VPN can give a sense of privacy and security, but I'm not so sure how much some of the VPN providers can be trusted. In cases of someone's regular internet connection (either mobile or home/work connection) having problems, it's possible that a VPN can get around some routing issues, especially when it comes to DNS server problems.

In any event, the proper APN settings are obviously what are needed.

@Mattredwingsfan wrote:

Not sure if this helps but

Simply put, a VPN makes your connection secure. 

It connects your device (could be a tablet, smartphone, or computer) to another computer (referred to as a server), This server could either be in your country or somewhere else. You will, in essence, then browse the internet using that machine's connection therefore making it seem as if you are in another place. While you will physically be where you are - say, at a Starbucks - your online presence will be routed thereby keeping your activity private. 

While this is true, a VPN isn't related to not being able to use the data services at Public Mobile.

@sillylobster input these APN settings. if it's been raining and cloudy in your area, weather could be one of the factors affecting your signal quality

APN settings.png

APN settings 2.png

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sillylobster , umidigi has a bit of reputation for poor quality.  It's quite possible you have a defective phone. 

There's no need to use a VPN.  Using one will not improve the quality of the network connection.

Mattredwingsfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Not sure if this helps but

Simply put, a VPN makes your connection secure. 

It connects your device (could be a tablet, smartphone, or computer) to another computer (referred to as a server), This server could either be in your country or somewhere else. You will, in essence, then browse the internet using that machine's connection therefore making it seem as if you are in another place. While you will physically be where you are - say, at a Starbucks - your online presence will be routed thereby keeping your activity private. 

But do remember that a VPN - while beefing up your online security - isn't as secure as browsing over a Tor network. 

And when you do opt for a VPN, go through the terms of your service provider. Ensure your privacy is protected at any cost. For instance, the said VPN service should not log or save your browsing history. 

Cheers & Good Luck

sillylobster
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Where do you find the VPN settings?  I have a umidigi a70 phone, and it's not working the best.

Need Help? Let's chat.