cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USER NAME/E MAIL ADDRESS

Speedy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a major problem and that is when I try to log in, I  always get email/user name that is very confusing because my user name is different from my e mail. Question, which one do I sign in with.  User name OR e mail.  it does not matter what I use, it is never accepted and just aggravates the you know what out of me.  So, what do I do?  HELP  thanks 

Speedy

18 REPLIES 18

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Speedy what I do.is use an app called Last Pass. I can have my user names and passwords in one place. The password Inuse to get into Last Pass is 32 random letters and numbera and characters I have memorized so it would be very difficult to break into. 

Using last pass it wont store your pass words on your phone it is all in the app. Of you lose your phone or it catches fire you will still have your pass codes in Lastpass. 

Hope this advice helps for how to store your pass words..  You can store your community one and your account one in there. 

@Speedy 

You may want to edit your calling list and add the ( 1 ) to all your numbers just to ease any frustrations. That message usually disappears after awhile anyways or you can just stay on the line and it will connect after the message. Whenever you have an issue just come here and ask. There's always some one hanging out to help....even at 3 am! Eventually you'll learn all you need to know about your phone and account. You should of seen me 9 months ago when I first started!

@Speedy you are on an unlimited Canada wide calling plan. Put the 1 in front of every number including the ones in your address book. This will get rid of the voice. Well almost,  you will only hear it when you dial a wrong number or the circuits are busy. You will definitely be more happy.

Speedy

Thank you for your reply.  I am on the $25.00 plan.  I don't particularly like talking on the phone, so I didn't go for any bells and whistles.  Most of my calls are either drs' appointments, government or information, so I need to be able to talk.  Is it absolutely

necessary to dial the 1 before the number?  Because I don't but if it is going to rid me of this nightmare, then I will do it.  I will be so happy if I can solve these problems, I am a jonah, every time I try and do something, it goes wrong.  Maybe  just maybe, I can get this right.

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

@Speedy 

Don't worry Simon pisses me off too....cant stand the guy! Use the above link to message the moderators. Be sure to include in your private message your: email, phone number, full name and address on account, pin# if you remember and they may send you a verification link or ask for more info such as alternate ph # if any, last payment, type, amount, last 4 digits, security question and answer. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

@Speedy the link that I gave you above bypasses Simon. Which plan are you on?  And have you tried dialing with a 1 in front of the number you are trying to call? Ie 1 xxx xxx xXxX. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Speedy 

I agree about SIMon. Did you try the direct private message linked earlier?

They are two different logins. You have your own username for the community and a password. You have your own email address and a password for the self-serve. You created these on sign-up. They _could_ be the same but it would be advised not to.

Speedy

As I said previously, Simon is useless, he does not understand anything I say, I  swear I speak English to him.  I have requested a moderator so many times, I have lost track.  He just won't connect me with one.  It doesn't matter what i say, no way.  I also have a technical problem, whenever I try to make a phone call, some voice interrupts my call to tell me that talk is not included in my plan and oh yes it is.  To date, it is still happening and I want it to stop now.  Why can't something be done about this.  My temper is thru the roof, I might be an old lady buy by you know what, I still react when I am ticked off.  Any suggestions about this.

Speedy

Sorry to hear the @Speedy your email address is your self service account username. The password is whatever you put in when activating your SIM card (service). If you forgot your password, then contact the moderators directly through private message here and ask them for a temporary password. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe. 

Speedy

Simon is useless, all I get from him is "I don't understand the question, what are you trying to say" and that raises my blood pressure thru the roof, I keep asking for a moderator and never get one.  What the hell am I suppose to do? get on my knees and beg because at this point i am absolutely pissed and not very happy with this service,  I am not getting the help I have been requesting for weeks and it looks like I am never going to get it.  I don't have a problem with logging in to the community.  Self serve is another matter.  correct me if I am wrong,  in signing into self serve, the first thing I enter is my email address right?

Now what do I put in the second line?  A different password RIGHT? or what?

Speedy

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Speedy send a direct message to moderators, and they will give you a solution

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Speedy wrote:

Thank you for your reply, must be getting old, because this process is as clear as mud, I am an old lady and I find as I get older, things just seem to get more complicated.  I like things simple and straight forward.  Life is too short to have to try and figure out exactly what is wanted of you.  But I'll just have to not and have to log in, it's too complicated.  Thanks again and stay healthy.

Speedy

Congratulations for being elderly and joining PM! If I can help let me know. 

For now you need to know your My Account:

The email you used.  

The password you used. 

The PIN number you selected. 

Write it down somewhere. 

Some people use on of those purse sized address books. 

I make one up for my mother in-law on excel and put it in a duo tang folder. Then of course her daughter and I can bail her out when needed. 

As far as the community goes you can keep signed in all the time if you like. BUT don’t delete your cookies on your device. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Speedy , at one time customers would be able to change their username in the self serve for login purposes.  This change would not affect the email address.  This is probably why your username and email address may be different from the username.  You can always check with the moderator team and have them synced again.  

@Speedy wrote:

Thank you for your reply, must be getting old, because this process is as clear as mud, I am an old lady and I find as I get older, things just seem to get more complicated.  I like things simple and straight forward.  Life is too short to have to try and figure out exactly what is wanted of you.  But I'll just have to not and have to log in, it's too complicated.  Thanks again and stay healthy.

Speedy

If you have any other issues please do not hesitate to come back to this forum.

Speedy

Speedy

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Speedy  to log into your self service account, you use your email address, to the community your user name. The email used in creating your community login should be the same as the one used for the self service account.  If you are having problems logging into your self service account try clearing your browser history, go to private/ incognito mode and try again to login. Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Speedy wrote:

I have a major problem and that is when I try to log in, I  always get email/user name that is very confusing because my user name is different from my e mail. Question, which one do I sign in with.  User name OR e mail.  it does not matter what I use, it is never accepted and just aggravates the you know what out of me.  So, what do I do?  HELP  thanks 

Speedy

When logging into My Account. Your email address. 

When logging into the Community. Your username or handle. Which should be linked to your My Account email address to allow Community rewards. 

I would make the passwords different. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Use your email to sign into self service.

If you do not remember your email you need to contact a moderator.

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Need Help? Let's chat.