cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming question

tigranh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi There I have heard that my friends had issue with US roaming ADD-ons, I will be traveling in next few weeks and whant to understand worth buying addon from PM or go with T&T prepaid card there. Thanks in advance!

17 REPLIES 17

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@flygeo wrote:

where do they hide the access to a modreator

You can click on the ? mark bottom right of the screen to submit a ticket to moderators or click this link:  https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in 'rep', then select 'contact us', then 'submit ticket' and follow the prompts to complete submission.

flygeo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

where do they hide the access to a modreator

mrzoidberg

This is extra frustrating because I can't even submit a ticket, it keeps telling me error logging in. Even though I'm obviously logged into community just fine with the same info

mrzoidberg

I am having the exact same problem right now. I've used add ons in the past just fine, know what to do, have rebooted phone etc. Add on shows fine on the PM site.

Where do I solicit for moderator assistance?

Submit a ticket to a moderator for assistance by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

flygeo

Yes I waited til it expired and added a new package which has not worked

@flygeo wrote:

I did complete the process and the roaming has worked for 2 10 day stretches. However it has not worked yhis time. I have restarted my phone several times and still no roaming.

Make sure your old add-on has expired...you won't be able to replace it until after the old one is completely done + 24hours.  Were you able to add it to your account ?

flygeo

I did complete the process and the roaming has worked for 2 10 day stretches. However it has not worked yhis time. I have restarted my phone several times and still no roaming.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@flygeo wrote:

My US roaming is not working. Is there any way to get it activated or get my money back

Enable roaming and restart your phone when you arrive at your destination.  You will be connected to AT&T or T-Mobile.  

Which roaming netwook are you on?

Buy add-on is a 2 step process.  Did you do the second step, purchase add-on, after adding fund to your account?

flygeo

My US roaming is not working. Is there any way to get it activated or get my money back

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tigranh 

1. Make sure to complete the second step after adding fund to your account.  US roaming add-on starts as soon as you purchase it and the duration 10 days.

2. Enable roaming and restart your phone when you arrive at your destination.

3. Post here ASAP for if you cannot get it going.  We will help you to get your add-on working.  Don't wait after you are back in Canada.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@tigranh wrote:

Hi There I have heard that my friends had issue with US roaming ADD-ons, I will be traveling in next few weeks and whant to understand worth buying addon from PM or go with T&T prepaid card there. Thanks in advance!

The only Public Mobile roaming plans are the 10 Day US Roaming talk/text/data options listed below...

I've used them in my travels in western states without any problem.

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle
Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle
Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk Only
Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Text Only
Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Data Only
250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

From time to time, customers have reported issues with the roaming add-on in the community.  Generally, it is user error ranging from not completing the two step process, turning on roaming data, making sure there is a connection to the roaming partner network, etc.  Roaming does work, no reason not to consider getting it just because a few customers had problems using it. 

DJ-Canuck

Do you know what the issues were?  I had a roaming plan for a month (when it was available) and never had any issues with Talk, Text and Data.  I travelled to Maine, New Hamshire and Vermont.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@tigranh wrote:

It works most of the time if you manuall select AT&T or Tmobile as the network to check which works. The most common issue is texts not working properly after the trip is finished.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM partners with AT&T and T-Mobile.

Here is more info.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/us-roaming

Need Help? Let's chat.